new to site

cozzaa

Reaction score
Hi All.

Just come across this forum whilst looking at somewhere to fish figured it would be worthwhile joining. Dont really have many folk i can talk to in relation to fishing so i hope that might change :)

Based in Birmingham. Went from serious carper to fishing for anything given the chance as the wife had our daughter so couldnt get on the bank.

Back in to it now mind, once again, i generally will go for carping although i'm partial to a bit of anything. Still trying to get to grips with all the new methods and such as am very fresh back into the game so bear with me :)

This year, i;ve been making various trips to new venues trying to find somewhere to settle on although cannot really find anywhere as of yet.

hopefully will speak with you all at some point :)

Peace and tight lines ~ Matt

craig1970

Reaction score
nowmate, im new myself they make you very welcome sure you will find everything you want to know on the forum. im in scotland still looking for venues fished the canal yesterday but blanked not a bite mate i did carp fishing in england on commercials,prefer coarse fishing tight lines

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Hello cozzaa, Welcome to Fishing Magic.

Plenty of friendly folk on here and with various degrees of fishing experience.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Cozzaa.
You will like it here great debates, great tips and the occasional nutter. :w

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Welcome Matt (and cozzaa!) to FM! Nice to have you on board and look forward to your posts.....

I joined a few years but FM has been great for me with lots of help from some very good fishermen once I came to terms with feeling comfortable with asking even silly questions-ask away Matt and you will get some good answers!!

Are you not going back to the carp fishing??

cozzaa

Reaction score
Hi Everybody and thanks for the warm welcome.

Tee-Cee. I am going back into the carping but oh gosh how expensive its become since i started way back when....the baits, the venues themselves...

I actually just had a trip down to Bishops Bowl, fished the "match venue", went to set up on one of their carp lakes but realised kid brother had taken my alarms out of my holdall.....lol.

I#m sure i'll be seeing a few of you more around the forum. I have so many extremely bad questions hahaha

noknot

Reaction score
Matt, the rigs and baits that caught Carp (and I mean big ones too) will still catch Carp today! Fire away with your questions!!!;)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Cozzaa: You must have some great waters in and around Birmingham!

Isn't Birmingham Angling Club one of the biggest with loads of waters?? You could do worse than joining a club with decent waters rather than going for syndicate waters and the like (that cost a fortune) if money is tight....

I'm sure if you look around you will find a club that will suit your pocket!!

Good luck anyway!!

cozzaa

Reaction score
thanks guys.

going on what you mentioned Tee Cee with regards to clubs etc. I've been checking things out and at current it looks as though i will be joining Penns Hall In April. For no otehr reason than i used to fish it when i was a kid, its about 8 minutes from my house and the cost put against the cost of fishing a general commercial water makes good sense based on me getting on the bank as much as i want to next year lol.

Saving up for a TXR receiver for my fox alarms. Most my gear is what i would class decent so once i've made a few mroe purchases i "should" be ready for a year of 24hr sessions when poss :D

In the mean time i will keep attempting to try new venues in case i find a little gem! Currently liking Bishops Bowl but its an hours drive or so