fox warrior euro rods!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hi guys,
I am seriously thinking of setting up with a bit of carp kit and as I don't want to be spending a fortune on a pair of rods (I already spend a quite a bit on course tackle!) I was looking at the fox euro warrior rods as I like the look of them with their full cork handles and gloss blank. anyone out there recommend these rods (I use fox duo-lite barbel rods and love them) or would you advise spending a little more?

thanks guys

mark

noknot

Reaction score
Hi Mark, not used them myself, but have only read good things about them on other forums! How much are they each? Have you looked at the Chub range; Snoopers and outcasts which are very good for the money, but I'm not sure if they come with cork handles as an option???

Windy

Reaction score
Don't know about the Euro Warrior, but I have long since run out of wordds of praise for my second generation Fox Warrior XT's.

You might be interested in Fox warrior carp rods x2 | eBay
If they don't go much higher than that then bargainlicious....

(Usual disclaimer, not my auction, no connection with me or other whatsit)

PS. Am I the only one who finds it difficult to find anything easily on the FoxInt.com site ? Nice quality pics but all the arbitrary sub-divisions and un-intuitive advertising buzz words.... sheesh. Can't be arsed. And I'm a fox fan....

Last edited:
B

Berty

Mark.......i wouldnt bother if you need to ask what rods to use..........stick to telling us all about otters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
I use the Euro warriors for most of my carping these days as i dont have to cast to the horizon as most of my carp fishing is done on the rivers.

They are lovely rods to use and will bend to the butt on a big hard fighting fish. the only thing they wont do is cast a long way. if you need to fish regularly in excess of say 80 yards i would look at a more fast taper carp rod, if you dont then the euros are just the job.

noknot

Reaction score
I use the Euro warriors for most of my carping these days as i dont have to cast to the horizon as most of my carp fishing is done on the rivers.

They are lovely rods to use and will bend to the butt on a big hard fighting fish. the only thing they wont do is cast a long way. if you need to fish regularly in excess of say 80 yards i would look at a more fast taper carp rod, if you dont then the euros are just the job.
Hi Mark, can I ask if you are a long range caster??? The reason I ask is that with a 2.75 tc rod, in theory a cast of 80 yrd's is a flick, not a fully compessed rod, but far from it.............

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Check last weeks Anglers Mail for a review of new Shakespeare Carp rods 12ft 2.5 & 2.75 test curves available,through action - £30.00,if you're not casting to the horizon they seem value for money

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
not sure what you mean mate? A proper 80 yards (not guesstimated) is a lot longer than people think. With the right gear in France i was fishing a laser marked 110 yards and i can assurev you the Euro's wont hit that.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thanks guys (well apart from the sarcastic remarks about otters!)
I am looking at only fishing small waters and rivers so I don't need a casting tool, just a nice through action FISHING ROD!

MARK