Barney's catfish capers.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
What a very understanding wife you have Gary, not many women would stand for that and what a result, 137lb of catfish is a big fish by any standards, wow!

I've said it before Gary you are a lucky man and I envy you I just wish I'd done things like that when I was younger and fit enough.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Fantastic trip not done a full read yet but I will be showing the thread to my wife who is also a good sport....You never know she just might fancy it!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Jasus, them ole cats are big but look at gut buster Barney himself. Deffo contender for the Stay Puff awards!

:eek:)

G

Gary Knowles

Graham - there is still time mate. Go for it, the way Catfish Capers are set up now you can get transported right to the swims...

Swordsy - combine it with a trip to Barcelona and she'll be well up for it.

Wol - your a tit, always have been, always will be...besides, it's your fatty dsausages made me this way ;o)

Lee Swords

Reaction score
What abot an Ebro fish-in with wives?

Mine has never been up for doggin' but she might like a bit of cattin'

W

Gary, your northern you always will be.

Oi, them sausages were 'healthy 'cough' Living' sausages.

An double Oi, that gut of your is nowt to do with the copious amounts of lager you kept drinking whilst i were working my 'bitch' arse off whilst out in the boat baiting your swim?

G

Gary Knowles

a little more pellet over that right hand rod baitin' bitch...

M

Martin Walker

Gary you can fool some of the people some of the time, however you can't kid a kidder I know the terrain and its a sunset you have pictured (and a very nice one at that) and not a sunrise. Are you sure you didn't have too much beer?

W

"Are you sure you didn't have too much beer?"

Bear shit in the woods?

T

The Monk

incredible Gaz, I could imaging catching fish that size, the St Helens canal sure looks different these days

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
All this marital bliss is a charade!

Have a look at picture No: 13 (top one), they've obviously had a barney, they couldn't be seated further apart! She's saying:

"I'll give you 'romantic spanish villa'! That's as close as you're getting to me this weekend!"

Nice photos and one hell of a catch. Just like a good day at Gold Valley only mutliplied by a few 100 times. Nice one.

G

Gary Knowles

Hey Martin - Dusk, dawn it all turns into a blur when I get on your keg of cheap lager ;o)

G

Gary Knowles

Hey Neil.

"Have a look at picture No: 13 (top one), they've obviously had a barney, they couldn't be seated further apart!"

Thats the guide on the right, (working hard!) I'm the one holding the camera...yer numpty !!!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The caption to the 'sunrise' picture says "I was up with the sun". Blame me Martin, it was my caption, not Barney's.

Although he would definitely know the difference, sundown means going for the headache, sun up means he's got one.

W

Wolfman Woody

My god but aren't they ugly suckers?

Not Barney and Lisa, well not Lisa certainly.

I was refering to the catfish of course, but you did seem to enjoy it all. Well done and congratulations on the double - anniversary.

M

Martin Walker

Hi Graham
Just noticed that the web address you have given is .com it should be .co.uk
cheers
Martin

K

Keith Miller

A thought for the future, Gary. Took my wife to Canada this year sturgeon fishing. Great country, great fishing and she wants to go again.

Paul Salters

Reaction score
well done garry, i was there in april, same place, my pb was 142lb best was153ib to a pal, awsome, going to try for carp next year, spent 1 hour fishing, landed a22lb commom carp . They go up to 60lb, and im not takeing the wife ha