December Angling Star

R

Ron Clay

This month FM members are well represented. Graham on centre pages, Sedge, and of course yours truly getting some accolades on the letter page instead of being slagged off.

A brilliant read for only ?0.65

R

Ron Clay

The magazine is a monthly and has existed for nearly 7 years. The circulation is around 23,000 and only costs 65p per issue. It is A3 size with 36 pages and is produced by RIM.

Some of the contributors include Graham Marsden, Tony Miles, me, Sedge, Martin James, Dave Tipping, **** Clegg, the late Peter Stone, Neville Fickling, Barrie Rickards etc too numerous to number.

The mag covers all types of angling. Match, Specimen, Pleasure, Sea and Game.

Articles are often controversial and there is a lively letter page.

If you don't get this one you are not with it!!

C

Cheese Paste

Excellent, next question, where can I get it from?

R

Ron Clay

Send a cheque for ?11.52 to Subscriptions Dept, Angling Star, York Street, Sheffield S1 1PU together with your name and address and you will receive 12 copies, a years excellent reading. You will also get your monthly copy about 1 week earlier than it appears in the newsagents.

I guarantee this is the best ?11 you have ever spent. Far more value than ?18 to get into a Carp Society do.

R

Ray Sillitoe

ron, does the paper cover all areas or just local??

R

Ron Clay

It is, unfortunately a regional publication and is distributed in most of Yorkshire, Lancs, Notts and Lincs. I do here murmerings of the paper going more national.

One of the major problems with such publications is distribution. Due to the extremely high fuel and transport costs plus very poor distribution networks compared with other countries of the world, Getting the paper to the public can be very difficult. Take out a sub. You will not be disappointed. If you are I will eat my ancient cap in full view on the wall of the weir at Cromwell.