Choose Your Web Partners..........

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Of all the FM contributors/members, who would you like to go fishing with and why?

Based on your perceptions and assumptions pick two fellow anglers you've never met before:

My choices:

1. Lee Swords - love to fish the Trent for barbel with him. Think it would be highly successful and more importantly very entertaining!

2. John Ledger - another entertaining day out. A man not afraid to speak his mind and I think he can probably trot a float with the best of them!

Go on don't be shy!

P

paul williams 2

1. Graham Whatmore.........his knowledge of the rivers i love is superb!

2.Wendy.................................................................................etc etc!

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Apart from your good-self Neil, I would like to fish with Fred Bonney and Derrick Deanos.
Fred and I are of a similar age and shared very similar early angling experiences. From his contributions I suspect he is quite a erudite and well read chap with a easy going personality. We could blank together contentedly.
As for Deanos, well there is nothing better than fishing with someone who makes you laugh, and Derrick is clearly one sandwich short of a full picnic basket! I could also spend the day teasing him with my very expensive-but vastly under-used-barbel rod.

T

The Monk

Jim Gibbinson for me, is he still a member, I must say Jim was one of my biggest influences in carp fishing

T

The Monk

Others would include Paul Williams, Cakey, John Ledger and Deanos for his humour

oh and Claudia for her sex appeal

pcpaulh

Reaction score
My choices:

1. Ron Clay - He seems to know a lot about everything, both fishing styles and life. Would be an interesting day out and I'm sure I'd learn alot.
2. Baz - no I'm not mad. I just want to find out what he's really like. Not just how he is on here. Oh and he can also help me catch a few tench sometime ;) !

T

The Monk

yes you are spot on with Ron Christian

Baz is actually a really nice guy

P

paul williams 2

Bloody hell Christian.................you need a lesson in life! ;)

Monk...........i am deeply honoured and after Wendy....oh ok and Claudia.........."BRAINWAVE"...we could invite them both!?.......you would also be high on my list.

I hope that sounded right!

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Peter,I was only thinking the other day,that it would be good to meet you, at the fishin.
It's all front though.

I think, I would like to meet and fish with The Monk for his sense of humour,taste in music and obvious female attraction abilities,
and probably you Neil,because of your contacts at the brewery!!

There you are, wine women and song,the loves of my life.

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Ron for me, for lessons in trotting for roach.

And Wol for catching stupid monster fish.

I must get to a fish in one day, but not having a car, and living in brighton makes it a bit difficult.....

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Why limit it to two people,I'm off to the Itchen fish in, can't wait.
So much to learn so little time.
I could leave my rods at home that day and still have a great day.
Ever body on the list I'll be coming around to say hello !

W

Wolfman Woody

Ed - if only because one day I'd like to meet that cusid old rascal face to face. I've spoken with him on MSN so I hope that wouldn't rule him out.

As for the other - mmmmm Ron or Cakey, tough choice! There are several others that I do hope to meet anyway, Ron may be one of them and if I ever get on a carp fish-in I might meet Cakey. I've met quite a lot now including Lee, Wol, Barney, Frothey and many others.

So my second choice could well be the Monk as it's unlikely I will meet him for a while. But then there's Wendy. the choice just gets tougher.

T

The Monk

yes it would be nice to finally meet both you Jeff and Fred, so many other too, in fact I`ve not actually met Graham Marsipan ater all these years and I`ve always been a great fan of his writings

T

The Monk

yes a foursome Paul, sounds great it would be nice to meet Claudia in the flesh

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I keep telling myself that i must get over to Rochdale sometime and say Hi to the Monk. I have met a lot of the names on here and can honestly say they have all given something that's added to my fishing in someway.

So to pick 2 would be impossible as we have such a varied selection of knowledgeable anglers.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I have fished with or least met some of the members from here. However, the two that immediately spring to mind are:

Jim Gibbinson, &
The Monk.

What Jim Gibbinson does'nt know about Carp Fishing is'nt worth knowing. And the same can be said for the Monk - both are legends in their own lunch-breaks!!!

The books Jim has written (eight I believe) such as Gravel Pit Carp; Modern Specimen Hunting; & Big Water Carp, to name just three, are a great source of inspiration to many.

I have read a lot of articles written by Monk and would love to see books published on his exploits over the years. I believe they would be very informative and could be very humerous too!

I'm not a great talker, as those who have met me will know, but I am a good listener and would love to spend a few nights sat in front of the bivvies listening to the experiences of these two.

T

The Monk

I really am honour Malc for two reasons, firstly by comments coming from someone like you who I know is a very experience carp angler and secondly being mentioned in the same sentence as Jim Gibbinson (I am definately not worthy), yes it would be a great pleasure to meet you Malc and all the southern lads, Cakey, Wol, Big Stu, Rik, etc

although I was on a fish-in with Wol many years ago down at Bluebell Lake, but was not fortunate to meet him.