Waterproof Chair Cover ??

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
I'm after a waterproof cover to put over my upright chair. Something easy to get on & off but can be secured (elasticated maybe) with the chair in upright position. I see TFG do one for £10 but postage is hefty. Does anyone else do something similar that is more readily available ??. No need to be a fishing brand

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
This is just a long shot but garden centres sell covers for the likes of tables,chairs ,benches and so on, maybe you could have a look in one if you find yourself struggling to get what youre looking for.
By the way--- you dont happen to have a boat called by your username by any chance?

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
This is just a long shot but garden centres sell covers for the likes of tables,chairs ,benches and so on, maybe you could have a look in one if you find yourself struggling to get what youre looking for.
By the way--- you dont happen to have a boat called by your username by any chance?

Yes an option i had thought about but normally they are for quite big chairs i think. No boat unfortunately :(

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
I see

I thoguth it was for transport - I put up my brolly over my chair - Korum 50 inch flat back - keeps my chair dry - don't you use a brolly?

I do, and did use a brolly today, but to be honest i have excellent waterproof clothing so dont really need a brolly. I also find them a hassle and want to not bother.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I also don't like using a brolly when i go fishing, infact the only times i do use one is to keep the sun off me on the rare really nice days we occassionally get. I have a Korum Chair and i find that giving it a quick wipe with a towel dries it out enough to sit on without waterproofs, and as i use the towel to wipe my hands with anyway it isn't something else extra i have to carry.

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Aha !! ...... Found some on our friendly auction site :) (just needed to use the word "rain" instead of "waterproof :eek:mg:)

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm after a waterproof cover to put over my upright chair. Something easy to get on & off but can be secured (elasticated maybe) with the chair in upright position. I see TFG do one for £10 but postage is hefty. Does anyone else do something similar that is more readily available ??. No need to be a fishing brand
I tend not to wet my chair since I got older;)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I have mentioned this before-primarily as an additional means to keep gear dry (even when it's under an umbrella but open to 'misty' rain) but MAY well be just what you're looking for!!

Go into any good outdoor shop and look at RUCKSACK COVERS, mainly used by walkers to protect the rucksack when actually walking. They have elasticated edges and would easily stretch over a seat, are totally waterproof and roll up very small to fit in the tackle bag. They also weigh next to nothing and come in a nice black colour AND comes with its own pouch for storage!!

Iv'e had mine for years and its been a real boon for keeping gear dry when roving fishing even to the point of keeping me dry at a pinch. When packing up I just swing the thing around and this drops any collected water...

Obviously you would need to check it for size around your chair but I think it worth a look.................They are so simple and not too much money!

Frank Elson

Reaction score
Pound shops sell cycling capes/ponchos.
I have one for going over my bait and bag and another for my seat... total cost...er...