Reocrd Shore Tope

S

Simon Vicos

An angler breaks the Shore Tope record by design with a fish of 66lbs, good piece of angling that

But

He then kills it just so that he can claim the record !!!

How selfish is that ?, this magnificent creature could have got bigger and surely deserved to go back to live out the rest of it's life. Killing this fish just to claim a record stinks.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I agree Simon, if I was ever fortunate enough to catch a record and it had to be killed to claim the record, it would go back!

L

levelspiker

i think that it`s disgusting,and the bloke who caught and killed such a magnificent fish should be ashamed of himself.
anyone who practises catch and release of species such as bass,tope,rays skate etc etc has my respect.
glory hunters who needlessly kill slow growing fish with low reproduction ratios,just to get some "glory" need to ask themselves why they do what they do.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The problem with sea fishing is you can only claim a record by killing the fish. Apparentley it because you can not weigh the fish accuratley when in a boat. So why can't they allow it from the shore only like us on the bank.

Under current rules i agree with the above and would put it back after a couple of pic's. Don't see how any angler could kill afish like that. I would call them fish mongers.

M

MarkTheSpark

I'd be more offended if he didn't eat it. In one sitting. Raw.

L

levelspiker

quote:The problem with sea fishing is you can only claim a record by killing the fish. Apparentley it because you can not weigh the fish accuratley when in a boat.

with these rules,i`d never claim a record,unless it was a cod,pollack etc,which are edible and often can`t be returned due to deep water affecting their swim bladders.
any shark species,ray,skate,conger,wrasse etc etc,would all be returned.