relapsed angler eturns

phill

Reaction score
Hi all

Just started fishing again after a gap of 20 years can't believe how much has changed in that time but having fun learning all over again :)

phill

Reaction score
Re: relapsed angler returns

near to sedgley in the dudley/wolverhampton area

Reaction score
Hello Phil, and Hello everyone else!

I too am returning to fishing after twenty odd years, hasn't it changed? The gear got expensive and bewildering, and even venues have changed their names. Oh well, it will be fun! I've yet to get out there, need to get some kit together and a licence too but that's part of the fun isn't it.

Chris :)

Reaction score

Yes your Lordship, I have to admit it, although I've used the nickname on various different forums/sites over the years. I probably read and enjoyed those books during my first fishing career.

bennygesserit

Reaction score

Yes your Lordship, I have to admit it, although I've used the nickname on various different forums/sites over the years. I probably read and enjoyed those books during my first fishing career.

Mate I have read and re-read those books many times , I too am trapped in the wainscotting of society - welcome to the forum, like you I took a long break and so jumped from fibre glass and cane to carbon fibre , cant believe how light the rods are these days , are you tempted to to try the pole ?

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

near to sedgley in the dudley/wolverhampton area

Welcome to the forum mate , I'm in the midlands too , where are you planning to fish ?

Reaction score

Mate I have read and re-read those books many times , I too am trapped in the wainscotting of society - welcome to the forum, like you I took a long break and so jumped from fibre glass and cane to carbon fibre , cant believe how light the rods are these days , are you tempted to to try the pole ?

Ha ha ! Wainscotting, could that also refer to these fanatical bivvy dwellers I keep reading about?

I'm currently reading Mark Billingham, but I now have an urge to revisit Arrakis. I read anything these days.

Although my first few rods were fibre glass I did own a couple of carbons (cane was a little before my time) I don't know why but I've really never been tempted to have a go at pole fishing, that could change, early days yet. I think I'll stick with a bit of general stuff and see how things develop. It does feel like I have to learn everything over, and to be honest I didn't know much in the first place.

phill

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum mate , I'm in the midlands too , where are you planning to fish ?

so far fished at kingsnordley fisheries,boldings b-north and halfpenny green vineyards

planning on the staffs-worc canel once the boat traffic subsides and the river severn once the level comes up a bit