F.M social camp-in / BBQ / fish-in

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Following the Monks 'Who've you met' thread and Baz's 'Let's meet in a field' suggestion; how would people feel about a giant F.M social gathering?

A 'camp-in' would be the cheapest option and wouldn't restrict numbers too much. No bar price booze as we bring our own, etc, etc...

I found this place fairly central in England Kingsbury but have never been there.

Any comments / suggestions / concerns or encouragement gratefully recieved...

Over to you the consumer...

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I would be up for that Paul, the location seems fairly central.

Does it mention camping anywhere?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I would be in favour of it also Paul.

<u>Just a suggestion.</u>
We could also make it a bring and buy sale of odd bits of fishing tackle, just like some clubs do, that have an opening day.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
We could auction off Baz!

If/when this goes ahead, somebody ought to inform the local plod/authorities - don't want it mistaken for an illegal rave!

W

Wolfman Woody

I think I've seen this from the M42. Looks fantastic, but where do you start fishing it?

Isn't it nice to see a County Council offering a facility like this and actually promoting angling in a positive way?

When - is the big question.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

There is a heck of a lot that could be achieved by us F.M. members at an event like this.

E

EC

I know a lad called Rod Westwood, he was an NFA coach and ranger at the place, and a great bloke.

I think he lives in Canada now, they used to do lots of work with local kids and schools, pike fish ins etc, they had it really boxed off!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Dependant on when and work, great idea and I would be up for it. Venue seems as central as you are likely to get.
Great idea.

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Looks perfect to me, is there a camping/caravan park on site?
Welcome back Eddie C, where you been? long time no see.

M

Mark Hodson

You can't go there !, I only live 10 minutes away, it would affect house prices !!

Some great real ale pubs close at hand though, and Cuttle Mill is within spitting distance. There is a camp site, its a bit caravan clubby if you get what I mean, infact I think they run it, i'll check with Mrs H later when she gets in, she works there so should know !!

L

Les Clark

Sounds a good place to have a F/M meet up ,i think that i would leave the rods at home for this one ,to many people to meet .

L

Les Clark

There would be a hell of a lot of people that i would like to meet if they turned up so sod the fishing i would have a social !

L

Les Clark

Cakey is always on about his rod but has he the strength to use it ?