getting em hooked

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Hows about i mention the B word to any parent that is struggling for a present to buy their younger ones.A ROD IS BETTER THAN A COMPUTER GAME.ive had both and I know which i prefersd.

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

Couldn?t agree more Gav!
My nephew started with Argos Kingfisher kit bought by my farther in law. I told him if he wanted to get serious about fishing and start coming with me he had to prove by fishing with his granddad that he could do it without messing about for 12 months.

All the time in the world for kids that are serious about fishing or any sport for that matter!
Not time at all for those who mess about pretending!

He stuck at it for the allotted time, caught a few fish and now is in a very enviable position than most kids, he has access to good waters, 40+ years of fishing knowledge to fall back on and a list of PBs that even some of the members of this site would be proud of, and he?s only 14.

Last week I presented him with a hand-built (by me) barbel rod, because he found out the limitations of his Kingfisher feeder rod the previous week when fishing.

Spoon-fed he is not, hence why he found out the limitations. I could have told him it was too soft for the job, but he need to learn that lesion for himself.
He missed 4 bites and lost a fish through the hook not taking properly because of the softness of the rod and the distance he was fishing.

Hard lesion to learn you might think? But it?s one he?s unlikely to forget.
Next time he goes fishing on his own, he?ll ask himself the critical question which rod is right for the job?

T

Terry Comerford

If there's a Decathlon Megastore near to where you live, drop in and take a look at their tackle department.
Some good quality gear at low prices.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
i took my nephew fishing earlier in the season phil ,first time on the ribble ,he got himself a barbel only a pound but you should have seen the smile on my face never mind his .By the way i had to hold onto him incase he went water ski ing ,what a day he wants to repeat as much as i do i hope.get em fishing !!!!

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

It?s magical to see, experience their emotions and adulations particularly when you?re a well-seasoned cynical old git like me. Why it even makes you feel boyish again!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
And the best thing about it phil his mam makes a cracking pack lunch.And all his dad can catch is tiddlers.