Rolling On

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ray Walton has talked about his rolling baits technique before on this forum, but what do others think about it? Is it better than sitting it out and feeding one spot to attract barbel to it?

J

John Tait

Surely both have their times ?? - be flexible, use whichever is best for the current situation. And if neither is best for that situation, then try another method, like float-fishing.

Jonty

S

sean archer

i tend to bait up a couple of swims and then go for a wander to do some trundling for an hour or so then return to the prebaited swims to fish.

J

John Tait

Unfortunately for me (or maybe not - I fish the Dove !!) my fishing time is normally limited to evenings/nights only - and so, at this time of year, by the time I have left the office and negotiated the traffic on my 70-minute journey home, plus another 35 to get to the river, it is just not possible for me to `trundle` much anyway. And my daylight sessions are usually days away to the Severn with my nephew, when we can both manage to get the odd day or two off work at the same time. So I am pretty-much limited to `sit-and-wait` sessions.

Jonty

P

Philip Inzani

John, not sure I am reading you right but trundling can be very effective after dark as well although I do agree with you that both methods have their times. Actually I think that a sort of hybrid between the two is best of all....bait a few swims and then fish them in rotation. Tony Miles and Tefor West have written loads of great stuff on that tactic.