Am I going mad?

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In today's Angling Times, there was a free 8mm meat punch attached to the front, with the headline blazened across the top, "Free bait punches, four different sizes to collect, get the whole set this week!"

Looked through the rag and couldn't see anything inside about how to get hold of the others.

Am not that desperate but this is now niggling me.

The Pirate.

Last edited:

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
You might be going mad; mine was attached to Angling Times, but I think you'd have to buy more than one copy to get a set! Actual Angling Times was very good this week.

Reaction score
In today's Anglers Mail, there was a free 8mm meat punch attached to the front, with the headline blazened across the top, "Free bait punches, four different sizes to collect, get the whole set this week!"

Looked through the rag and couldn't see anything inside about how to get hold of the others.

Am not that desperate but this is now niggling me.

The Pirate.

I think they mean if you find four copies of the AT with each size attached and buy the lot, then you get the punches free!

Why do you think they offer a free bite alarm (worth 4.99) for every reader and then charge you 4.99 postage?

It's a gimmic matey!!! :confused:;):D

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think they mean if you find four copies of the AT with each size attached and buy the lot, then you get the punches free!

Why do you think they offer a free bite alarm (worth 4.99) for every reader and then charge you 4.99 postage?

It's a gimmic matey!!! :confused:;):D

Yeh I would have to be mad to buy another copy for £1.80 just to get another 50 pence meat punch:rolleyes:

Like I said, am not that desperate.

The publisher is taking the p!ss really and yes I have seen those ridiculous offers to pay the postage for some tat bits of kit that are worth same or less than postage cost.

Mind you, recently there was a decent enough Hardwear reel for a fiver, not my cuppa but looked okay for youngsters or those on a budget.

The Pirate.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just buy a set and support your local tackle shop. :w

FFS! I've already said, am not in desperate need of a set of cheapo meat punches, simply bemused by the heading, which is obviously designed to suck people in.

The Pirate.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am just looking forwards to the day I find a 12ft 3.25lb TC Carp rod taped to the side of AT, I need something to hold up my runner beans.

The Pirate.

soak

Reaction score
I wish I had thought a of a good con like that, what with so many fools around.

red_stafford

Reaction score
They are all the same size I think but they are just different colours

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk