Dean Macey - NFA Abassador for Angling

T

Terry D

Commonwealth Athletics Champion Dean Macey has become the National Federation of Anglers? Ambassador for Angling.

In recent years young people?s participation in angling has slowly been declining and we believe the involvement of Dean will help us to promote the sport to youngsters, generating a more positive approach to angling in the future.

Dean is an active World Class athlete and as such we are very grateful that he has chosen to allocate some of his free time working to support angling. He is also keen to be involved in the coaching of the sport and shall soon be undertaking the new Level One Coaching Certificate.

With the launch of the NFA?s ?Introduction to Angling and the Environment? qualification, Dean will help us promote this to youngsters and raise there awareness of the benefits that angling can bring to young people across the country.

With his new role as Ambassador for the NFA Dean stated, ?The NFA has been making some great changes recently and the development of their angling education programme will help attract more young people into angling and raise the awareness of the sport. It is an exciting new time for the NFA which is great for the sport and well worth supporting and I am delighted to be involved.?

Paul Baggaley, Chief Executive of the NFA stated, ?This is great news that Dean has come on board and underlines the changing profile of the NFA. Dean is exactly the type of person we need involved.?

Terry Fell, Chairman of the NFA stated, ?It?s brilliant that somebody who has achieved so much in sport has come on board with the NFA and I believe this outlines how we have progressed and is recognition of the NFA?s work to the wider angling world.?

Y

yoggy

Brilliant news.Great bloke, who is one of the most down to earth guys i`ve had the pleasure in meeting.His passion for angling is second to none.This can only be a positive step for angling in this country.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
just the ticket seems like a great guy and well respected by all.good news that.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Fished with Dean, nice bloke, keen as you like and although you could say 'celeb' he's just like any other guy on the bank. His enthusiasm shines through. I care not of his past but what he may be able to do for the future. Looking forward to fishing with him again, i think he wants a big Perch but its gonna cost him his gold medal if he wants in!

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Lot of people might say Leslie Grantham is a nice guy apart from the taxi driver he killed.
Not buying into this bloke at all sorry and all that

Beecy

Reaction score
I think everyone deserves a second chance John. Most of us have probably done something in our lives we are ashamed of?

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Trouble is Beecy the reason England is in such a sad state is because people pander to people who have a bit of previous.
We have tv programnes showing us Frankie Fraser and all the other hard cases and kids look up to them.Remember the Krays John Bindon the Richardsons etc.
Then we have the footballers like Vinnie Jones Dennis Wise telling us how hard they are.
Give em a second chance no thanks thats what the pc brigade and Liberals do,i would give em some rope

Beecy

Reaction score
depends on the level of the crime though John

you probably know loads of people who you class as friends and good blokes, but they will have a 'bit of previous'

C

Chris Bishop

John,

Not sure whether what you're saying is true or not but I've deleted a couple of posts I'm not comfortable with.

I've e-mailed you about them.

Kind Regards

Chris B

Deanos

Reaction score
Dean Macey nearly has the same name as me!
this site is only big enough for my big fat behind.

One of us HAS got to go....and it aint gonna be me SKINNY BOY!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I don't know what his "previous" was actually I don't care what he's done in the past. I've watched his fishing programmes and his love of angling is all to obvious so if he can encourage more youngsters to come on board then so much the better.

N

nick hodgkinson

whats wrong with having 'form'?

and i wonder how many people you think you know have form about which you are totally unaware and you think they are a great person?

in the past i've had a beer or two with Charlie Kray - what does that make me?

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Dont know what his previous is and i dont care
Whats wrong with having a bit of form
JUST ABOUT SUMS UP THE BRITISH ATTITUDE ON WHY EVERY YOB GETS OFF WITH AN ASBO

What absolute rubbish,been alright for Adolf Hitler to teach your kids would it or have a drink with Ian Huntley,never heard so much rubbish in my life and PETA would have a field day reading this

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

So tell me John what heinous crime did he commit.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
isnt the take away and the taxi rank a ww belt any way ,sure seems like it is round ere.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Like Jeff says i will leave the other alone as it was well documented at the time, but an ambassador dont make me laugh.
Has he ever fished North of the Watford gap,its ok fishing Sway and Lynch for roach and the Frome and Test for grayling all handpicked.Tell me where for barbel Adams Mill,sorry he did not even look like a good angler and i personally dont rate him.
Bit like having Vinnie Jones as an ambassador when Bobby Charlton was around,an ambassador for angling with all that its going through should be whiter than white