Car park space reserved for bailiff - rant

Jimbo

Reaction score
Visited my club lake today, one of the car parks nearest to the head bailiffs usual swim now has a space reserved for him. Please note the car parks don't have disabled spaces!

Does your club do this? How would you feel if you discovered this??

Discuss!

sl1ced

Reaction score
completely agree with fred, most bailiffs dont get paid so there has to be some perk to it. i.e free membership or private parking close to their chosen peg. thatd be my request if i was a bailiff

Jimbo

Reaction score
It would'nt be so bad if I had seen him do bailiffing, only ever seen him fishing.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Easy Jimbo,easy! I suppose you could always put your name down for the job.....

"Only ever seen him fishing" Ah yes, but at least he's on the water and he would probably tell you he checks everyone as they walk by!

Anyway I'm pleased you had your rant-not good to lock these things away...

Enjoy your fishing!!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Visited my club lake today, one of the car parks nearest to the head bailiffs usual swim now has a space reserved for him. Please note the car parks don't have disabled spaces!

I would seriously be more concerned at the lack of disabled parking spaces near to the swims, especially as you quote that there's more than one car park.

sl1ced

Reaction score
I would seriously be more concerned at the lack of disabled parking spaces near to the swims, especially as you quote that there's more than one car park.

agreed, my local pools the owner has just opened a new one the banks of which are really flat and wide and have level pegs. its really disabled freindly. some of the other pools arent but it would seem more newer pools in the country are becoming wheelchair freindly. shame about the parking spaces tho

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna have words with the club committe....I've not got a private car space ! LOL.

little oik

Reaction score
Be carefull on asking they might give you a personal one but at a cost (easy way to up the club funds . Next thing there will be reserved for catch of the month :w

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

Does your club do this? How would you feel if you discovered this??

Discuss!

No problem - I'd just get there nice and early and fish in the bailiff's usual swim - then the car parkign space is erelevant - he has to park somwwhere away from his swim:)

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
I have fished more than water where the Bailiffs are allowed to drive round the water & drop their kit off. Always very envious as its a hell of a walk, but cant begrudge them this benefit. I dont understand why people would begrudge this or a parking space.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I have fished more than water where the Bailiffs are allowed to drive round the water & drop their kit off. Always very envious as its a hell of a walk, but cant begrudge them this benefit. I dont understand why people would begrudge this or a parking space.
Quite so!

In this world of red tape, running a club or volenteering to help is bogged down with time wasting. A few minor perks to compensate for giving up their fishing time to help run the club is a very small price to pay!