america shopping

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
can anyone help me please ,Ive found a rod in cabelas america ,just the weight ive been told to get for the fishing ill be doing,cant seem to get one over here for that price,but i dont know how long the shipping over will take,any ideas,thanks gav.

JY Kelly

Reaction score
Have you tried talking [emailing] the seller? or even just looking on the website for the info?

Length of time for shipping will depend greatly on the method used - anything from 3 days to 3 weeks

Cabelas' own website has the following info

Delivery time for International orders

Question
How long will it take for an order to be delivered to an International address?

Answer
Packages shipped via Surface Mail can take up to 90 days for delivery. Packages shipped via Air Mail can take up to 60 days for delivery. If International UPS or Federal Express is available in your country, delivery will take 7-14 days. Please check the International section of our site for Japanese, Spanish and French instructions for ordering.

Bloke

Reaction score
The Yanks are pretty efficient but beware of the VAT Duty and shipping costs !
Mick

Reaction score
Airmail delivery usually in 5 to 6 days,surface mail approx 6 weeks (cheaper) post costs are also more expensive than ours too. Small items are cheap enough, but rods could be too pricy. Duty is payable on anything of OVER ?18 value. Plus VAT. And now the dollar is strong, maybe best to try and find a UK wholesaler who can supply you. Good luck.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Now the dollar is strong ??????

It's the weakest its been for ages ..

$1.96 to the ?

Now is the time to buy !!!

Reaction score
What did I say Ed, must be a freudian slip because my american customers are not buying. It must be the tears in my eyes. Ta for the shove.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
thanks for advice chaps got it sorted in this country for the right price ,but thanks again.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'm not raging --honestly....

Gas(petrol) has just gone up though
Its now $2.19 a gallon ...

They are really p**sed off about that over there

Ian Alexander

Reaction score
I've been to Cabelas. The store near Dallas. I can't understand why they could take so long in sending goods as they stock all the items they sell. I reularly send and recieve from the US and it take six to eight days tops.

Cabelas in Dallas has a great selection of fly tying materials. I spent far more than I planned when I got there.