big cat sightings whilst fishing?

• Thread starter nick hodgkinson
  • Start date
N

nick hodgkinson

not pussy's - sadly!

has anybody had any personal experience of these big cats?

i'll not say too much yet but there's definitely something near the old RAF Swinderby base!!

E

EC

"i'll not say too much yet ........."

Come on Nick, nail yer sighting to the mast!

I think Bazza started a thread on this a few years back, and funny enough my big bro told me about 2 sightings near the Mersey during the last few weeks!

N

nick hodgkinson

if you know Oakhill Lake at the back of Thurlby big pit - thats the area

i'm going back about 5 years now but at night on more than a few occasions we heard a cross between a roar and a scream (not a fox btw) - sheep have been found disemboweled - and at dawn one day i and a friend saw something big making its way across the field between the woods

locals have reported seeing something on the back road at night

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

"locals have reported seeing something on the back road at night"

Cats eyes?

I'll get me coat.

N

nick hodgkinson

i'll pay for the taxi!!

no cat's eyes - Newark pikeys dug them all up!!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

They are out there that's for sure. There is a website that do big Cat sightings. You'll have to google for it Nick.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I've seen a couple of fairly large cats in my life whilst fishing.

But not in Britain.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
You're getting me worried now Nick. I fish Thurlby big pit under the Notts AA book. I've not seen any big cats, but then again, I've not seen many fish there either!!!

Next time I go, I think I might find myself looking over my shoulder a bit more often!

Deanos

Reaction score
Fear not lads!

I think I can solve the mystery!

I actually have a huge fat black cat called ?Barry? (after the black American soul singer Barry White, also known as the walrus of love!), its about 2st?.and surprise surprise, dismisses kitty kat in favour of the food eaten by its owner?PIESCHIPSPUDDINGSCHOCOLATEICECREAMBACONBUTTIES..etc etc
People often shout??that bloody big pit bull should be on a lead before it eats some children!?
So any big cat sightings in Yorkshire are likely to be "fat Barry"?..mystery solved!