Resizing Photo's

• Thread starter little sister ( Jeff )
  • Start date
L

little sister ( Jeff )

Anybody know any good programs that resize photo's.
Trying to put a new picture up , to go on this site.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Jeff do a search.

"re-sizing pics" in title, go to my thread and find Wols link, it's easy and very good.

C

Chris Bishop

There's one called GIMP or something like that (honest) which is a free download.

If it's just a couple of pics e-mail them to me and tell me what you want doing to them, I can probably do it in a day or two.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Thanks Steve ( Wol )sorted.
Cheers Chris.

T

Terry D

Don't resize the original, keep it safe and resize a copy. The same goes for all your phots.

W

Wolfman Woody

Resizing pictures - particularly for FM - - - - - - Change it back Jeff - better before

Using Windows Explorer fidn the picture and open it with MS Photo Editor - usually comes free with Windows.

Once it's opened you can do everythign you like.

Click the dashed square icon and using the mouse drag a selected area around the items in the photograph you want to focus on. Bear in mind you final format, ie: portrait or landscape. Then select "Image" from the top menu, and "Crop". Another window opens, but just click OK and the area you have selected will be all that's left.

To resize, click "Image" again, but this time "Resize". Another window opens but make sure that the "Units" is set to Pixels. Then for FM, Make the width 100 and see what the height comes out at. You may have to select and crop again to get it to fit, but the heght should be no more than 120. Alternatively, make the height 120 and if the widthe is less than 100 it will post ok.

It's a matter of playing with both of these features to get photos to work with the profile pics on FM. You might want to play withthe other features on MS Photo editor to see what they can do.

CAVEAT: WHEN YOU ARE SAING THE PICTURE always save with a different file name so as not to spoil the original.