Fishy names-any good uns?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Where I work we already have a Janet Roach, and now we are about to get an Alan Salmon. There are a few other fish names like Pike, Perch and Tench that are also surnames but I've never heard of a Billy Bream or Freddie Carp! Check out your local phone directory and let us all know what is the most unusual fishy name you've come across!
PS if your name was Jonathan Gudgeon would you change it?

S

Sean Meeghan

Just got my Greenpeace Annual Report and it has a copy of a front page article from the Daily Telegraph. The article reports on a rather worrying study published in Science magazine:

" By 2048, to be exact, catches of all the presenly fished seafoods will have declined on average by more than 90% since 1950"

"This is what is projected , not what is predicted to happen. I am confident we will not go there because we will do something about it. But if this trend continues in this predictable fashion as it has for the last 50 years, the worlds currently fished seafoods will have reached what we define as collapse by 2048"

Worrying stuff, but the lead author of this report is a fisheries scientist called Dr Boris Worm. Priceless!!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Pat Roach (the wrestler).

Graham Whalley. (a mate).
Yes I do know it's a mammal before anybody puts me right.

W

Wolfman Woody

"PS if your name was Jonathan Gudgeon would you change it?"

I certainly would. To Adrian Gudgeon, I hate Jonathan for a name!

Paul T

Reaction score
One of my senior officers was called Harry haddock!

David Craine

Reaction score
I used to know a chap called Bill Plaice,(from Yorks) and a chap called Gary Wels,(a Londoner) a lass called Jill Rudd...(very Nice) there must be more but I can"t think of anyone at the moment.

Signed...Tinca Barbus.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Ha ha, I don't know anyone fishy but this reminds me of an article I read recently...

The phenomenon of 'nominative determinism' where a person ends up with a job befitting their name.

Examples, (all true I hasten to add):

The author of Pole positions: the polar regions and future of the planet is called Daniel Snowman.

Under London: a subterranean guide by Richard Trench.

An article on incontinence in the British journal of urology was penned by authors J.W. Splatt & D. Weedon.

And my favourite, a ranch manager hired in Australia to reduce the rabbit population in the outback was called 'Warren Breeding'.

Disco stu

Reaction score
My R.I. teacher was Mr Chubb, one of my work colleagues is Richard Fish and when I was drunk I slept with a big bloater.