FishingMagic Social Fish-in

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Please post here if you are certain or fairly certain that you'll be coming to the single greatest fishing event of 2007 organised by me (and Mark Hodson, I'll take the plaudits if its a success and blame him if its not).

Details:

Situated near the M42 North East of Birmingham.

Dates:
1st, 2nd & 3rd of June 2007.

Camping Information & Booking:
The Caravaning & Camping Club run the Kingsbury water campsite and it must be booked through them not the fishery / water park.

To book as a non C&CC member you will need to wait until January then call 01827 874101 and supply the following:

1. Name.
2. Contact number.
3. House number and postcode.
4. Tent or caravan size.
5. Car registration.
6. A deposit (this will be either a percentage of, or, the full cost).
7. Tell the nice people on the other end of the phone that you are with the 'Fishing Magic' group and they will try, that's try, to keep us all together.

For a ?10 deposit you can have a swipe card that will allow access through the gates from the campsite to the fishing facilities. Or you can pay the daily amount to take your car through.

The map at the bottom of the Kingsbury website does not show the campsite but it is located next to 'Moor Ash Farm' to the left of the motorway.

Costs:
Camping Peak season - ?6.95 per adult per night plus ?5.60 per pitch for non members. Bookings at weekends (Fri, Sat) must be for two nights (if you only stay for one it will still cost you for both).

Fishing will be on the day ticket waters (unless you have a season ticket) and costs ?2.20 or ?2.80 (unfortunately the Pine Pool is booked for a 'British Carp Championship' heat).

Activities:
Getting to know your favourite F.M celebrities (and consequently having your illusions shattered).

Nightly BBQ's held around the 'Bivvy City' accompanied by story telling, tackle comparisons and some booze.

Fishing, possibly.

R.S.V.P.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Ill be booking in the new year paul,are you attending the match paul ,hope you are.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I won't be going for the duration but will certainly be there for part of it.

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
30,000 members and this level of response on the very first day ........ this thread is smokin'!

T

trev matthews

Then smoke away my fellow carpers count me in, im there wiv ya

Paul B

Reaction score
I'll be there friday, saturday - work on sunday :?(
Can't see any times for getting on the camp site; I was thinking of an early start on the friday, fish a bit and then pitch the tent.

E

EC

I'll do be bestest to get to this one Paul, for all or part, family allowing mate!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I'll be there on the Friday afternoon. Can't wait.

MarT

Reaction score
Count me in please.. and maybe my son too..
he does post on here sometimes.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Goin to be hard work to get a pass for that but I'm working on it....any suggestion to get a pass are welcome ;-)