ACA membership

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
I find it strange that there are so many anglers who have nearly always got the latest gear can't find a tenner or so to join the ACA.On some of the other forums some even ask "What is the ACA"?I find that unbelievable.They know all about Fox,Nash,Shimano,Daiwa,Greys etc.but nothing about something as important as the ACA.Come on lads and lasses it will cost you ?10 per year.

W

Wolfman Woody

I think you'll find it's ?20 now, Peter, but the message is still valid.

BTW, that's the ACA badge on the front of me hat!

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
There are takers and there are givers; and in angling as well as life the takers far outnumber the givers I'm afraid.

I just console myself by deciding that I will live by my standards rather than theirs and will try and put a bit back into the sport that I get so much from.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I've also got the same badge on the front of my hat. I obtained the badge in the 60s. It's the original badge with the line attatched to the trout's mouth.

F

Fred Bonney

Now,where did I put my annual report.
I could have sworn, they had a new badge for sale, not a pretty bue one though.

Brb

The ACA Pin Badge ?3
A limited number of our classic ACA badges have been made and are available now for order.

F

Fred Bonney

If you really wanted to Matthew,you could buy a BASEBALL CAP!!

W

Wolfman Woody

Mine was acquired in the early 80s if I remember. Bought a few of them at the time, but down to my last now I think.

Thought Ron would have had the baseball cap with the emblem sewn on. Mind you, I don't like that new one they have. I wonder who it was influenced it's design?

I sent in an old mobile phone as well this year. Anyone else done that?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I was told by Mark Lloyd at the Last Chatsworth show that the new badge had something to do with being PC!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
It might be a good idea if you put up some details of how to join.And some of the good work it has done.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Gav,

There is a permanent advert that FM runs free for the ACA alongside any feature article so go to Home, select for example Barrie's article and when it comes up there is the ACA website on the right hand side.

Just join - best decision you'll make.

W

Wolfman Woody

Here's the link to the A-C-A website.

Once you're in there have a look around at history and case updates, all in the menu on the left.

This one interests me because Thamws Water is forever polluting the Thame -

"River Thame - The ACA acts for the Aylesbury & District Angling Federation, the Prestwood Angling Club and the High Wycombe Thames Angling Club. This relates to significant sewage pollution from the Aylesbury Sewage Treatment Works operated by Thames Water. The Environment Agency has conducted a criminal prosecution and the case was widely reported due to Thames Water's aggressive contesting of the prosecution, despite a massive fish kill. Proceedings have now been issued. The ACA has submitted a claim to Thames Water on behalf of the three clubs. The river has only just been deemed safe enough for re-stocking to proceed, hopefully in 2006."

They need to be taught a very valuable lesson

Corky

Reaction score
When the ACA went through their internal wrangling I allowed my membership to lapse because I was sickened by all the mud-slinging.

I will now re-join.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Cant see the woods for the trees me chaps,thanks woody and mark very intresting stuff,Im going to pop a letter into mp and try and get my mates to do as well.How does it stand if the council or someone else whos not that bothered about fishing own a river that is polluted.are councils on your membership.

Mark Lloyd 3

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their support on this and sorry to join the thread so late; everyone's probably moved on now. We do indeed have pin badges for sale for ?3 and we also have beanie hats if you don't like the baseball caps. There are also polo shirts available. If you would like an order form for merchandise please get in touch with the office on 01568 620447. We're working on the web site so that you can buy this stuff online - expect a big announcement on that in the new year. The same goes for paying your minimum membership subscription of ?20 a year, which is about the same as the cost of a pint of maggots a month and makes you feel much better!
If anyone wants to know more, please get in touch via admin@a-c-a.org
Mark Lloyd
ACA Executive Director

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
This is the sort of Organisation I like. Not for the undoubted good work it does but for the wonderfully instructive membership form I've just downloaded and printed...................

...........................Please detach this form, fold it in half along the dotted line overleaf, lick the gummed edges and post it to us.

I know computers can do wonderful things and Adobe Acrobat is pretty powerful but gummed edges!!!

W

Wolfman Woody

You need the new Xerox printers for that, Neil. They even fold it and lick it for you with the correctly embedded commands.

Incidentally, just after posting the previos stuff I was going through an old bin full of stuff and came across no less that - an A.C.A. patch badge.

I have now had the maid sew it onto my summer angling waistcoat.

Time you did these again Mark!