Thank You All

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Hope you dont think i am being pretentious in thinking that i am the only person that has ever been ill but i would like to thank all the people that have either rang me emailed me or posted their good wishes through FM.
Graham Ron Mick Howson Mike Townsend Wendy Ian Cloke Mick Lomas Jim Baxter Baz and many many others have all phoned me plus i have seen all the post on the threads plus the emails from people some who i have never met.
It really lifts me up that i have had so many well wishers and post directed at this self opinionated old git of an angler who at times has been a pain in the backside to some.
To my good friend Ron Clay who has rang every other day and to Mick Howson who has put up with me and taken me out fishing when i have been down and very ill special thanks to both.
The world will be a sadder place without these two gentlemen.
Once again thanks to all

T

The Monk

yes John, now hurry up and get better mate, I`ve got nobody to wind up at the moment!

W

Wolfman Woody

Agree with Graham, certainly not John, keep dodging!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
".....this self opinionated old git of an angler who at times has been a pain in the backside to some....."

Well at least you know what we think of you !!!. :eek:] :eek:]

Hope you soon feel much better John.

T

The Monk

I tried to phone you John but they wouldnt let me reverse the charges, typical Yorkshire people I suppose, dead tight

L

Les Clark

Come on John , get your arse into gear and start whingeing about something and then we will know that you are truly feeling better .

I

Ian Cloke

John, have you lost your marbles or what? Wednesday are doing well, and you've not slated 'em!! Come on mate, there's being poorly and there's..........

Glad to see you're on the mend mate:))

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Get well soon mate. You should see my latest collection of stick and trotting floats.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to have fished with John on a fairly regular basis over the last couple of seasons and can say he is one of the best fishing partners i have ever had so anything i can do to help him through his present tricky time only counts as a pay-back for the good days out weve had. Ive got a sneaky feeling that the marathon walks weve endured to far-off swims on the swale, derwent, upper trent. upper idle and the rest are going to be history as i am 67 and not as fit as i was so were considering formulating a dossier of road-side pegs for future reference. I shall be there next saturday all being well and hope to see you all. Mick

captain carrott

Reaction score
i've obviously missed some thing here didn't know you were on a bit of a downward slop at the moment john. hope things turn roud quickly.

J

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

John, my postings and replies on F.M. are a bit erratic. I have read a lot of your comments whilst browsing (or is it classed as lurking!) and enjoyed them all. I didn't know of your illness but please get well very soon mate. Looking at the previous comments with people that I have 'spoken to' we all agree!

Best wishes

Dal

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Self opinionated old git"???

Nah, you say it how it is John and that's how it should be.

Take it easy mate and get well soon.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I didn't know you'd been unwell John. Hope you're soon better and stirring us all up again mate.

Deanos

Reaction score
Hi John,
I also didn?t know you had been unwell, get well soon you old stick float genius, I think you are a top bloke...has Ron got you eating figs as well yet??? :)))))).