Now it?s Man U in bed with the animal rights brigade

davestocker

Reaction score
Like the loathsome PETA , Animal Aid is a UK animal rights organisation that seems to share the same agenda as PeTA . Needless to say, Animal Aid welcomed the formation of this new political party devoted to animals on their website.

Look at http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/NEWS/pr_living/ALL/1424// especially paragraph 4.

In Animal Aid?s account of the launch event, both Ricky Gervais and wait for it ? Manchester United ? donated items for auction at the opening event. So are we to believe that Fergie, Giggsy, Rooney, Christiano Ronaldo and the rest are all for giving up meat (roasted or otherwise), that they no longer want you buy a pie at Old Trafford, and all the other b*****ks animal rights people want? For chrissakes, Sir Alex is a horse racing man and Animal Aid campaign against horseracing! What on earth is going on here?

I happen to think that Man U are playing fantastically well this season, and that Ricky Gervais is a very funny guy, but now I wish they?d just FOAD ? or change their PR people.

Like the PeTA-in-bed-with-Topshop story, it appears we have folk suckered into helping what are no doubt calling themselves ?animal charities?. Who?s going to tell them differently?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
better leave this one well alone me, sorry cant possibly comment mate.

stuart clough

Reaction score
I can confirm that both pork and pheasant were on the menu in the Evolution suite at Old Trafford last night, as well as a very pleasant complimentary chateauneuf du pape.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I sent and e-mail to Arcadia, (the owners of Topshop) and told them that they can no longer count on my patronage all the time that they 'support' P.E.T.*.

I am still waitng for a reply, 6 days after my letter, and I'm not holding my breathe until it arives.

Anlgers are 'comsumers' too so I urge all anglers on this site to write to Arcadia and tell them the truth' about the group that appaear to support

As for Manchester United, why am I not surprised?

darkuser80

Reaction score
"As for Manchester United, why am I not surprised?"
No one is!..........

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

About typical of any football club if you ask me.

I remember **** Walker in his AT column many years ago saying that the FA would love to ban angling so that they could get more people at the matches.

He was probably right and I've detested the bluudy silly woofters game ever since.

Whenever a damned football match come up on my telly, I change channels bluudy smartly.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Me too Ron! It's no longer a sport but a business that rips off it's customers so that it can pay it's employees (players) over-inflated wages for very little productivity.
If they decide to follow the animalaid code it'll be interesting to see how well their players perform on a diet of rabbit food.

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

I could tell you a funny story about MUFC their now training ground, a stuffed badger, the then goalkeeper and Friends of the Earth Manchester Branch.
Best not or I'll have Graham in Sh1t!
How times change eh!LOL

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Make no mistake there are other dark reasons for the popularity of football.

I forget which famous Roman philosopher wrote about giving the common populice "Bread and Circuses" to keep them happy.

J

john conway

Never mind what the Romans said, in Lancashire we keep the masses quiet by keeping their bellies full and their balls empty <G>

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

It was Juvenal the well known Roman satirist. Panum et circenses. He wrote about the ruling classes, the politicians pacifying the masses with entertainment and cheap food.

Of course persuits like fishing are havens from the tyrannical grasp of the Blairs and Browns of this world. And organisations such as Peta would deem it prudent to get into bed with football teams and other controlling bodies who would wish an end to angling.

Football detracts from real human happiness or concerns. There is more space given to the game in newspapers than real issues for example.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
football clubs give out merchandise/prizes to loads of charities and various organizations every year for raffles and fund raising etc....
it doesn`t mean to say that they are in league with these people.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The problem with football Nick is that it has, in many cases, taken over from religion as the great controller of the masses.

I was speaking to a guy the other day who also hated the silly game. He told me that because the game was so basic and attracted people with the simplest minds, it was easy for governments to control, and by doing so, manipulate the masses.

For example it is a game which attracts false idols - Beckham is a typical example. Here is a person that would never achieve anything really worthwhile in his life, but he can become almost godlike because he can kick a bag of wind about.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
"Another highlight is the celebrity auction, with a selection of memorabilia going under the hammer. Visitors won't want to miss this chance to pick up one-of-a-kind items from stars including Ricky Gervais, Chrissie Hynde, Joanna Lumley, Tony Benn, Fearne Cotton, Matt Lucas, Stella McCartney, Graham Norton, plus a signed Manchester United Pennant."

How does the above in any way shape or form state that Manchester United have supported them?

What a load of codswallop! (or word to that effect!).

A "signed Manchester United Pennant" can mean anything you want it to!

Look at it a different way, Liverpool Football Club could hold a charity auction in aid of (******) charity (insert whichever you want) and there could be a Manchester United pennant up for auction - does that mean Man U support Liverpool FC? Of course it bloody well does'nt.

Some peeps want to believe want they want to believe eh?

J

john conway

Bloody hell Ron you don't half talk some rubbish at times, I for one like watching football, I don't consider myself a moron, and I have other interest outside of fishing.
Beckham trains very hard, is extremely fit, is/was extremely good at what he dose and I respect him for that. As far as I know, he has not pretended to be anything other than a footballer and celebrity.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Fair enough John but if he wasn't a gladiat....... oops, sorry - a footballer, what would he be?

E

EC

He found his vocation in life at a very young age Ron. Worked has bollocks off at physical finess and improving his technique, looked after his body and took good advice!

Now him and his family, probably for the next 5 generations (at least) will be financially secure.

davestocker

Reaction score
IMO, Malc, a 'signed pennant' is one covered in team member autographs, that could be auctioned at the event, or on ebay. What would a devoted Man U supporter pay for something signed by the first team, especially their current one, that I really rate? ?25? ?50? ?100. I dunno. But if that money ultimately goes into the coffers of Animal Aid or some party campaigning for 'animal liberation' then its giving money to the 'enemy'. Simple as that.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

But he wouldn't be were he is if the foolish plebians hadn't have put him there!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Something signed by the first team

I would throw a sackful of hot shit over it.

"Devoted"!!!

I tell you it's just another form of religion!