Xmas Books

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
They must have been hard up for a decent cover shot.

F

Frothey

dont forget terry hearns new book, those who have got it reckon its really good read, those who's wifes have hidden it will have to wait to find out!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I havn't read the others but I have recently bought and read Chris Yates "Falling in again" and I can heartily recommend it, it is a wonderful book of shall we say his 'adventures' from his childhood until the present day (well 1998 anyway).

Five ۞ from me

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I've got Jim Gibbinson's book from Little Egret for Xmas - A Glorious Waste of Time. I've sneaked a look; looking forward to reading it. 'How to Fish' from Yates is worth the trouble though a little short on rig diagrams...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham,

How to Fish is a great 'read' as is Falling In Again.

Chris Yates seems to have hit on a formula for success with his recent books.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

honslow

Reaction score
Medlar have got The Waterlog Years by Chris Yates coming out any day.

G

Grant Lever

Someone has just brought out a new book about the life of B.B,said to be fascinating....e.g.he never went to school as a child but became a school teacher in art...if anyone knows of this book could they put it on here please ,otherwise i will have to do some digging.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Grant,

Do you mean the Centenary Edition of:
A CHILD ALONE
The Memoirs of 'BB'
Illustrated by D. J. Watkins-Pitchford

Quote: "In this book, 'B.B.', "much loved naturalist, artist and author - recalls his early life at the beginning of the *century and, because illness prevented him from going to school, his lonely childhood at his Northamptonshire home".

The above is a short extract from the cover of the 1st edition of 'A Child Alone', written by 'B.B' and illustrated by him in 1978. This book was of course written in the latter part of the 20th Century but 'B.B.'s evocative recollection of his life is just as entrancing today as it was then. Through his writing and artwork, he compels us to revisit the woods and fields around his former home, and to "feel the beauty and tranquillity of the countryside before the advent of the motor car and toxic sprays"
Unquote.

I am afraid to say though that the cheapest I can find a copy of this book for is ?295=?10 p&p.

I think that the original was published around 1978, but try as I may I cannot find a second hand copy.
If you are interested then PM me and I'll give you the bookstore name and contact information.

Trisantona

Reaction score
Peter,thanks for that but the book i have in mind has only just been published...(unless it's a re-print,but i don't think so).

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Coch-y-bonddu 01654 702837

have a new book in stock 'BB Remembered' (the life and times of BB) by Tom Quinn at ?19.95 plus p&p. Maybe that's the one?

Trisantona

Reaction score
Yeah,pretty sure thats the one Mark,it was reviewed in the shooting times,mines at work and i'm off sick for another week or so.....