Proper fishing MP

M

MarkTheSpark

There have been a few detractors for Martin Salter, but there's no knocking his fishing if it results in beautiful, wild fish like this.

Well done, Mr Salter - hope the fishing's recharged your batteries enough for you to really get to work and champion our cause - the unsung environmentalists.

Angling is a temperature gauge for how fit the water environment is; no group of people on earth spends more time watching the waterways.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
What a nice pre Christmas present, well done Mr Salter, roach are a lovely fish to catch and a 2 pounder is a bit special by any standards.

I bet I know the area where he caught too and heres me sat in the house unable to get out fishing - woe is me.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I've bumped into Martin Salter a couple ot times on the Test and the Avon.He is proper all round angler make no mistake.Lets hope he keeps his seat at the next election.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Now that is a proper wild fish.

In great condition too.

How can you compare any catch from a muddy puddle to that?

And if Martin does lose his seat at the next election, I hope he crosses the floor.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

To have just one supporter of our sport as an MP is above petty party politics.

MarT

Reaction score
Too right Ron..

beautiful fish... well done!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

WOW! 50 roach over 2lb. That's a catch rate that many of us won't achieve if we live to be a 100. This man is obviously a very serious angler and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for his re-election.
We need more MP's such as him.

G

Gary Knowles

How refreshing to see an MP that actually appears to be a human being, with a head in the real world.

Tremendous...

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

He also has that essential item in any serious angler's armoury - a camper van.

If he does get elected I would expect his influence will grow as he is a frim supporter of Mr Brown and can expect his reward.I think he is a PPS at he moment.Still his fishing may be harder to fit in then.

E

Evan

50 ? Bloody hell.... makes my solitary one over 2 lbs thirty three years ago look a bit sad. And a damned nice looking fish too.

I have friends who live in his constituency and I shall put in a good word for him at the next electoral farce; much against my own political inclinations !

Lovely fish

P

pons

Well Done Martin,cracking fish,and thats a serious amount of 2lbers on your CV.
Pons

E

EC

Bahh...enough of this big 'dodgy politician' love in!

'Roach for questions' enquiry needed!

Jealously heads to coarse forum to post after another stillwater roach blank

P

paul williams 2

Hey Ron...i wonder how many of the others go coarse fishing?

Wonderful roach martin......and those from a river are very special.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Though I have never doubted Martin Salter's passion for angling or the fact he champions it at the drop of hat, it would be nice to see Martin and said roach pictured in the Times, Guardian, or even the tabloids.
Politicians love a photo opportunity. What better than to to kiss a 2lbs roach instead of a baby at election time.
Use your power Martin, to create a positive spin about angling for once in those papers. Better than seeing that plonker Cameron riding his bike to Westminster followed by a car carrying his briefcase and suit!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What a beauty and what a record of 2lbers.

I wish I could find just one 2lber on the Bristol Avon!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Here is something I learned years ago.

From the President downwards, something like 90% of American poiticials go fishing and hunting.

Only about 1% of British politicians do the same.

Can anyone explain why?