Lucido Torches

S

Stewart Bloor

This report sounds too good to be true!!!. I've been using a Bush Lite candle lamp recently, but I must confess I haven't been too impressed. The candle doesn't seem to be pushed by the spring and sticks in the tube. (If you have one you'll know what I mean !!). Does anyone else have a Bush lite? I would be interested to see how you are getting on.
Sedge

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's all true about the Lucido torches Sedge. And what you say about the candle lamps is true as well. The wax runs down between the candle and the tube, goes hard when the candle goes out and cools, and then you can't get the spring out.

What you have to do is heat the tube over your stove and then remove the spring. But I rarely use mine now. It's not worth all the hassle.

S

Stewart Bloor

Graham, I'm relieved, in a way, that you had the same experience with the candle lamp, because it shows it's not just me !!!
Sedge

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Go electronic I say. Go LED! Well worth the initial investment - no mess, no naked flame to cause a danger and lasts so long you can afford to forget to switch it off!

C

Cakey

i made my own led lights one blue for baiting up and one white for general. batts gone on for a year now still ok.
i tried candles in half painted black jam jars etc i even tried eating more carrots but i will stick with the leds

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Lucido have just started marketing a head torch which I'll be reviewing sometime this week.