BBC Sports Personality of the Year

W

Wolfman Woody

Call me a cynic, but how do you vote?

I've been all over the BBC site and can't find anything. Not on my own either, lots of postings on their site saying the same.

Is it a secret? Is it fixed?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Woody i think you can only vote on the night by phone or text. What bugs me is who decides who is shortlisted. I think all winners of any national or international competion should be shortlisted.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Bet you can vote or text on the night for 35 p. Another carve up between the Beeb and BT.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Woody
Caught the end and turned it off in disgust that Joe Calzache had not won which is a travesty of justice as the man is still unbeaten and has fought all.

E

Evan

Fixed....

so that Bob Nudd wasn't even eligible although receiving more votes than any of the "official" entrants

and inexplicably ignoring Calzaghe in favour of....

.... the Queen's grandaughter and 11th in line to the throne. And who says this country is becoming ever more republican....

Nothing against the poor girl myself, but is it really doing her any favours to receive such an award in such circumstances ?

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Zara Philipps says it all about the BBC put it this way if it had been a one legged Albanian Black Lesbian living on state handouts she would have beaten Joe Calzache,enough said

I

Ian Cloke

"Caught the end and turned it off in disgust that Joe Calzache had not won which is a travesty of justice as the man is still unbeaten and has fought all."

Hatton is still unbeaten as well John. I too thought one of the boxers should have won.....

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Zara Phillips won 32% of the vote
Darren Clarke won 21% of the vote
Gymnast Beth Tweddle was 3rd

No disrespect to the girl, butI have never heard of Beth Tweddle !!!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Joe Calzache,Ricky Hatton, Phil Taylor, Darren Clarke. All top- class sportsmen who worked their way up from the ground-floor to the very top of their professions and did not have the advantage of endless financial backing and time so I really believe one of those competitors should have won. I would also have mentioned Andy Murray if he wasnt such a little s**t like his mother.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Merve
Beth Tweddle knits Zara Philips sweaters.

Certainly agree with Ricky Hatton and Joe but you know what the BBC are like they like losers like Frank Bruno and Tiger Tim Henman.

The whole organisation is a joke and the quicker it closes down the better.

Not sure about Darren Clarke as it was more of a sympathy vote

matt

Reaction score
Joe calzache
Any boxer with his record that doesn't have a bent or flat nose deserves it

Dave German

Reaction score
Who is calzache, philips & tweddle are at least at the top of their sports, what has clarke done apart from being a PART of a winning team.

W

Wolfman Woody

Couldn't be bothered in the end and so couldn't give a monkey's toss.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
"Who is calzache"

He's the middle weight (I think) boxer who gives everyone and anyone a beating.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Who is Calzache

Christ where have you been living Mars as for the other two you mentioned do you actually call it a sport,might as well vote for the other non sporting events like clay pigeon shooting or sailing

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
John, with all due respect, no matter what the sport, if you are the worlds best then you deserve respect. Calzache may be a first rate boxer, but don't dismiss other athletes just because you don't particularly follow or appreciate their particular sport.

Merv if you have never heard of Beth Tweddle, perhaps the range of sports you watch is not as wide as many others, not a pop at you just an observation.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Richard
All due respect but i dont class Zara Philips or her mate Beth as sports people in fact quite the reverse.
These sort of people who parade as sporty types in elitist sports such as equestrian sailing shooting tennis and the rest of the snobbish sports only the Brits seem to be any good at.
Joe Calzache should have been out of sight in the hardest sport in the world but only the BBC with its Liberal Lefty PC brigade from higher management to the bottom can come up with this rubbish,its a case of "Its not the winning but the taking part" shite that emminates from their PC backsides.
Its a wonder Eddie the Eagle never won it