Replacement 'o' rings

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi all,
My hangers, swingers (all are <u>Nash</u> if the type makes a difference to sizes) are in need of a relacement set of 'o' rings, but I don't want to pay a quid for three as I need about 20 so I have some spares.

Has any one got any pointers as to where I can get some at the right price?

Thanks.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
can't help you there wodders but i still got a few beer can rings left over lol....hey where have you been hiding anyway unfaithful g**....I was attacked, flirted with, abused, called names and where was caveman....in hybernation i bet huh :-(

R

Rodney Wrestt

Jonny,
I thought about that but the nearest to me is miles away...... no, there's a new one opened about 30 mins away. I'll have a look next time I'm going past, cheers, buy yourself a pint on me mate.

Hope the student life is still agreeing with you, is the car sorted yet?.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Claudia,
I thought Wend might have passed on my appologies, I don't get on very often these days, and when I do I spend most of the time catching up with all the threads. I do look out for posts I can throw in the odd double antandre, but by the time I've caught up with the posts the threads dead :eek:(

I missed the "attacked, flirted with, abused, called names" who where when an' why??????

was you flirtin' again, come on...... you know I'll find out. I thought that Steve would've kept an eye on you in my absence.

I'm sorry I wasn't there to join in..... I mean weild me club in your defence ;o)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
It's that Paul....he keeps picking on me *sniff* trying to re-name me to Muff now....and yes wend told me so I'll let you off ;-).....me flirting???????? NEVER, only with you *wink*

njb51

Reaction score
"buy yourself a pint on me mate"

I tried telling the guy at the bar but he wouldn't have it!

Uni is going quite well at the moment thank you rodders. Two more assigments to go before xmas then a whole month off! Woohoo! Only problem is, these two assignments are bitches! Luckily, i'm awesome!

How you doin anyway?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Wodders please come over to the 'mouse in the house' thread Paul keeps picking on me.

Jonny,
No sweat, I'm sure you doing just great on those assignments, good luck mate x

R

Rodney Wrestt

Muff? I thought that was Monk's <u>ferret's</u> name?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Bar Stuards, Jonny, just can't get the staff these days ehh?

Two Assignments before xmas...... so 'ave you got 'em done now or do ya need another beer mat for credit/honors? :eek:)

"Luckily, i'm awesome!
Yeah god was good to us wasn't he? :eek:)

I'm fine, thanks for asking mate, busy at work and dragged shoppin' for the wee fella so I don't get on here as much as I'd like. :eek:(

R

Rodney Wrestt

That's the ticket, thanks Jeff. I'd seen some on a couple of sites and they wanted ?1 for 3, I know I'm a bit (ahem)frugal but ?1 for <u>3</u>.

Someone's 'avin' a larf.

Just saw THESE but not sure of the size?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
If you let me know the size i will check out the stores at work. We make o-rings and special seals. I am off for a week so if your not in a rush/

Paul B

Reaction score
The dart shafts are 2BA(4mm approx); the rings the guy in Jeffs' link is selling are also to fit 4mm.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cheers Paul,
that looks good then, 4mm it is.

Bryan,
Thanks for that, I'm not in any great rush I just noticed recently the state the current ones are in. As Paul said they're 4mm diametre (internal hole) 8mm (external) and the ring is 2mm wide x just over 1mm thick.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
They will have started at 2mm thick as well. It's the fact there kept under tension and have not returned to there original shape.

When i return to work i will see what i can find.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Bryan,
you're probably right they do seem quite flat. More like a felt washer than a rubber ring, just errosion through tension and the weather over the years.

R

Rodney Wrestt

As an update, I tried These one's which I'd mentioned earlier, but they're not wide or thick enough, they fit over the threads fine but even with 2 or 3 on they don't seem very durable.

So anyone else thinking of trying them I think you'd be better off with Jeff's suggestion, at least they say they are for indicators so should be a better prospect size wise.