Falling in again

D

Dave Hellard

Well, has anybody read the book 'Falling in again' by Chris Yates??? Brought it for my Dad for Christmas, had a good review just wondering what you thought

S

Steve Burke

Chris Yates is my favourite angling writer of all time. However, I have to say that I don't think Falling in Again is in the same class as his earlier books. The problem is that he's such a lot to live up to.

I'm still looking forward to buying and reading his next book though.

J

John McLaren

I would agree with Steve, I was disappointed with "Falling in again" but maybe we've been spoiled by Chris's earlier books, I hope your dad enjoys it Dave, even if he doesn't "Casting at the Sun" and "The Secret Carp" are well worth getting.

D

Davy North

I bought Falling In Again in the summer and enjoyed it very much, however I haven't read Chris's earlier books (except A Passion For Angling) so I didn't have anything to compare it with. I do intend to read his earlier books, is it possible to get "Casting At The Sun" without paying the money I saw quoted on a web site latley i.e ?250 for a first issue?

S

Steve Burke

The first editions are very expensive, subsequent ones are more realistic.

The Deepening Pool is also excellent, and mainly about barbel. I recently sold a second edition copy for approx ?25.