taking maggots to spain

castor

Reaction score
going to the ebro on wednesday,just wondered if you could take maggots on the plane.
any idea,s anyone thanks

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
You not allowed to take life stock on planes....not even plants, so I doubt it very much you'll be able to take maggots

castor

Reaction score
if not live ones,maybe frozen dead ones in a sealed plastic bag

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
No idea about that one....phone the airport and ask, best way to find out I guess

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Why do you want to take maggots to the Ebro? I've fished a few Spanish waters including the Ebro and your main quarries will be Catfish, Carp and perhaps Barbel (not sure if there are any in that river)so your main baits will be luncheon meat, sweetcorn or bread (which you can buy in any local shop)for the carp and dead baits for the moggies. If you use maggots you'll just get pestered by little fish called pumpkin seeds.
I made that mistake only once, never again.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

You can always breed your own whilst you are there.

An old mate of mine and one time member of the Coventry Specimen Group - Don Wittich, used to breed his own maggots in South Africa. And quite nice they were too, until his next door neighbour found out what he was doing in his garage and complained to the authorities.

Mind you he gave up after a while as all he caught on the maggots were bluudy snapping turtles and crabs.

M

Martin Walker

Why not buy them out there from a local tackle shop? Maggots are a good bait for carp when fished over the recently flooded areas of the top lake, as for pumpkin seeds only ever caught one.

capbrown

Reaction score
JUST BEEN FISHING TO SPAIN ,TOOK 2 KILO OF WORMS IN MY SUITCASE.THE CARP LOVED THEM.AS FOR MAGGOTTS YOU CAN BUY THEM THERE.THE FIRST PERSON TO OPEN A WORM FARM WILL HAVE PEOPLE QUEING AT HIS DOOR.

castor

Reaction score
just got back,got some maggots and i didnt need them.just sweetcorn,groundbait and monster crab boilies had a really good time,plenty of carp.