offers

david3092

Reaction score
I was attracted to the offer in one of the big fishing magazines of a 12 float rod which indicated that it had all the usual refinements ie screw down reel seats if that's the proper term i was invited to ring a number which i duly complied with i asked the chap on the other end of the phone have you still got that rod offer yes came the reply so i ordered it roughly 5 days later i received the rod with eager anticipation i opened the tube to find a rod that firstly had a different name and also had i would call old fashioned reel rubbers i as you can imagine disappointed to say the least so i called the store only to be told that they had run out of stock they had my number why could they not call me to give the choice of cancelling i know we can sometimes be drawn to cheap offers but it doesn't always ring true

Foxy

Reaction score
if it looks to good to be true, then it usually is!

Dave German

Reaction score
Ring them & tell them you want the rod you ordered, if you get no joy ring trading standards, i'm sure they will be interested.
Who was the company?

S

Scott Whatmore

what a bloomin nerve!

Ring em up and demand to speak to the owner. Ask them to send you what you ordered or give you a full refund. Make sure they arrange for free collection or return of what they sent you in error.

Dont put up with this sort of shoddy treatment. If needs be, threaten to take them to court, report them to trading standards and name and shame them in all the fishing press etc.

david3092

Reaction score
no it wasnt that particular company with out directly naming the company it was like a flame throwing animal with carp in it

david3092

Reaction score
yes your quite correct not only crap but it seems they dont quite tell the truth i have just been reading the anglers mail dated the 5th december and surprise surprise they are advertising them again i think a email to the manager is on its way

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
I've used that company for holiday gear .......... the first time was a similar story, which they resolved and compensated for ........ 4 reels for the price of one! ........ they haven't been a problem since and at the prices they charge, you get what you pay for .... better than claiming on the insurance, if it gets lost, broken or stolen.

Foxy

Reaction score
Isnt the dragon carp stuff made in China hence the Dragon bit??

Nothing against stuff made in China, i worked there for a year or so. Think the problem with the Dragon Carp product is that the spec of most of the gear isnt very good hence the price. You always get what you pay for.........