You've Really Got To Read This!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
SATURDAY 20TH JANUARY 2007

Is the date for a very special event for all FishingMagic.com members.

Is it a MATCH? Or a FISH-IN?

A bit of both really. Last month a thread Marsden's Aces v Young Chavs & Pikeys appeared issuing a challenge between The Over 50's and The Under 50's. Read the thread to experience the cultural exchanges!

That challenge has now become a real live event and will take place at:

Gold Valley Lakes on the above date.

It will take the form of a match but in the best of spirits and in aid of The ACA.

We know it's a bit "Southern" for some of us but hey! what else you gonna do in the depths of January!

Gold Valley produces well in even the coldest of winters, just pray it's not frozen over!

What we need to know as soon as possible is who's coming?

Please post on this thread if you're interested and/or want more information.

I guess in the interests of fair play, the "qualification date" for the "teams" will be 21st November (the day the thread started).

Cost will be approx ?8.00 pp and full details will be broadcast as soon as possible.

Go on, you know it makes sense

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I just make it into the over 50's, so enter me in the Marsden's Aces Team.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
As Neil has stated 21st November I am in the ...............................................................................................................................................................................................Young Chavs and Pikeys team, just! Whereas as if it had been on the day I'd have been in the Aces team. just have to wear my baseball cap backwards I suppose, like.

I can see the first post on this thread getting edited!

njb51

Reaction score
Yes Neil, despite my grey hair and melting face, I am with the Chavs and Chavettes.

W

Wolfman Woody

Teach these young whelps a lesson or three in catching monsters.

Now you've finally decided when and where, count me in if you wish to fish for Marsden's Aces Team even though I look younger than Jonny (and he forgets thing too).

PS. How many in each team btw?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
There's room for everyone! The more the merrier.

I've provisionally booked Bungalow Lake at GV which is a nice little "circular" pond with about 20 swims.

If we get more then we can switch to another lake or maybe book the whole fishery! Who knows!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
So far on Day 1 we have:

Marsden's Aces
Graham M.
Neil M.
Fred B.
Woody
Terry D.

Young Chavs & Pikeys
Jonny
Mark W.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
It's in North East Hampshire, outside of Aldershot. Off of Junction 4 of the M3.

Here's a Multimap Link:

Map Location.

Stikflote - your profile says you're a member of a disabled club. If you need any help let us know. GV is "disabled friendly" if that's the right phrase!