Etang Des Cornees

P

Paul Gallagher

Any tips for fishing Etang Des Cornees? 5 of us are going in August on our first trip to France, I understand it is a silty lake and having only fished gravel pits for years any tips would be welcome!! any bait tips would be welcome too!

C

Craig w

My local lake is very silty, We use "flat" leads that dont plug into the bottom so easy.

I have found that Inline leads under about 50 grams will sit on top of silt anything over that tends to drag the boilie into the silt.
If you use a "swivel lead" fitted to something like a Korda saftey lead clip you can get away with as much as 90 grams for the weight before it sinks in the silt (& If you use a flat lead it will be able to get away with a bit more than 90 grams)

hope this helps :))

C

Carp Angler

If it's silty all over, then they'll be used to feeding in it and I wouldn't worry too much about fishing 'in' the silt.

Maize is allways a solid bet when fishing in France (and in the UK but everyone seems to ignore my advise in this country)

D

danny reynolds

i fished etang des cornees last year and had a superb time i go back in march i had eleven fish while i was there the biggest being a 36/6 common the most important piece of advice i can give is to get your head around the silt, its easy, it doesnt matter the fish find the bait no problem, i found using a small pve bag (network) and a boilie and half to a merlin hooklink, series five fox hook to be very effective you dont have to fish to any features in fact they have swim markers in the water and everyone spods to these i found coming off these by ten foot produced good fish,also someone had mentioned maize i fed with this {purchased there)and had a couple of nice stalked fish from the margins, i can really recommend the place as a very friendly well organized fishery and if i can help anymore please post message

R

Rob Thompson

'Rek'

Some heed your advice - was it not last week that you supplied me with some of your 'magic grains' - and yes they are being eaten with gusto.

Rob