IS IT THE POPUP OR BAIT OR WHAT!!

wrongenUK

Reaction score
We been debaiting over this on another forum about a bait and popup issue maybe on this forum i might get a different approach...

Here goes..

If a bait is fished with a popup and lets say the bait is x and the popup is yellow and a different flavour lets call the popup y.
(And is fished snowman or critical style
)
And there is a bed of bait x of free offering in the swim.....

Is it bait x that caught the carp???

or a combernation of both flavours???

or what???

please help because my view is bait x caught the carp and not the popup!!!!???

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
No mate, it's because the Carp was hungry!

(is that a different approach?)

Seriously, I reckon you'll get a few responses if you post on the "Carp Fishing Forum" rather than the "General".

wrongenUK

Reaction score
cheers matey being a newbie on here i didnt realise i put this topic in the wrong place lol....

help move this topic moderator lol

T

The Monk

as long as you are catching it matters little, but if you want to try and analise it you could also fish a rod with a pop up and another with just the bottom bait in the same area, to be honest i`ve found when the carp are having it, they are having it regardless of bait design or presentation. having said that, sometime a snowman can give an edge as can both bottom baits and pop ups, however so many other variables come into play and you can literally go on forever trying to analise these things. If for instance you suddenly catch a carp on the bottom bait only, this could be down to individual fish preference (ie the fish has been caught on a snow man in the past and recognises it as dangerous)

wrongenUK

Reaction score
Thanks monk i understand what your saying brother.
But that still doesnt answer the question at hand...but thanks for your imput..