noob

bigsean

Reaction score
hi everyone, my name is sean and i'm 6'2 tall and a bit overweight (hence the username lol)
started fishing when i was 11 or 12 with mates and fished till about 18 when work, girls and alcohol took over my life (not always in that order)
started fishing again in late 20s but this only lasted a few years due to work (again) marriage, kids and mountains of bills ... much the same as a lot of the country...
got back into fishing about 6 or 7 months ago and so much has changed, commercials, everyones obsession with carp, otters, eastern europeans, etc, as well as the massive strides forward in tackle .... but i'm back now and i intend staying!!!
1st fish caught was a gudgeon and i remember thinking 'is that it' 2nd fish was a scrappy little perch and then i was hooked :)
i've been fishing commercials since i started back, but as well as wanting to get back amongst the tench i used to catch for fun as a kid (hardly see any now cos local waters are full of carp) i'm also very interested in taking up predator fishing and hope to have my 1st lure fishing session soon so hopefully pike and decent size perch will be coming my way soon :)
hope thats ok and not to long winded for an intro lol.

bigsean

Reaction score
i live and fish in manchester ... stillwaters since i was a kid, gonna see how the piking goes and try some canals too, thanks for the welcome

bigsean

Reaction score
dont really know enough about the otter situation, but the carp thing has gone mental .... i asked some guy how a lake was fishing the other week and he said rubbish, the bream were eating his bait instead of the carp and he wasnt happy lol .... also the water i fished as a kid was great for tench, i asked about it at the tackle shop and they said it had been stocked with loads of carp and nobody has caught a tench there for about 5 years ... madness or wot?
and thanks for the welcome :)