carp rod for ?35

D

Dave O'L

If anyone is out there, I've been given responsibility for 11 year old xmas pressy. I've spoken to him he has ?50 to spend & p&p.
We decided to go for the WMAC power pro 12ft 2.5lb Club Carbon & dynadrag.

If there was any logic to this people have spoken reasonably OK of power pro & as it's carbon it'll be light enough for him.
There has been a run on the dynadrags (Bum Bum!!) so I have a day or so before I order.

Just thought I'd check & ask if anyone could think of a better combination for the money or come across a better rod?
Realise very late but appreciate a tip.

W

Wendy Perry

dave have a look on anglinglines.co.uk i'm sure you'll get something on there .

B

Birds Nest

The Shimano Hyperloops are in that price rance I think..

C

Carp Angler

Hyperloops are ?45, possibly a bit cheaper if you shop around.

S

Steve Burke

Decathlon have some excellent rods and combos in this price range. In a recent review on another site several top carp anglers thought the Caperlan rod would sell for over ?100! www.decathlon.co.uk is the address and they have stores in London, Nottingham and Stockport.

D

Dave O'L

Gentlemen they are quoted in the ?30 - ?40 range, depending on t.c. at WMAC. I looked at others but appeared to have no joy.
Thanks for your help yet again.

S

Shrek

You could always try looking on Ebay

I got my carp rod off there. A Leeda 3000 2.5lb tc Carbon Rod. got it for ?16 + P&P. You'd be able to pick up some very cheap Ron Thompson stuff as well.

Definitely worth a look in my opinion.

A

Austin Buchan

Try Trevs of Wilmslow..He's got some mega offers on and will probably sort u out with a decent rod and reel combo.