How many rivers do you fish a year?

watatoad

Reaction score
The recent thread which was originally on trotting rods http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/general-fishing/239410-trotting-rod-3.html but as usual slipped and slid around.

Got me thinking and checking now I am a member of a lot of clubs because it is the only way I can get to fish more water, although its never enough, I also get around the country a fair bit visiting friends which gets me the opportunity to fish a lot of other rivers and lakes.

However just how many rivers do you all manage to get to fish a year?

One?

Two?

More?

chav professor

Reaction score
hi toady,

My local river G, waveney, Dorset stour, Hampshire Avon and the Swale later this season - If i'm lucky may fly up to the Ouse or Ivel....

chav!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My local Hampshire Avon, Dorset Stour, Test, Itchen and (if I can get on it then)the Wylie as well.

Oh, I also fished the Wye and the Severn too this year

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hello Toady
This year so far:
The Colne, Kennet, Loddon, Frayes, Mole and Ember. Will be on the Thames later in the year and also, hopefully, the Itchen at least once.
Jerry

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Lea, Kennet, Itchen, Test, Ivel, Ouse, Rib, Bean, Hampshire Avon, Stort and a few more if I'm fit enough !!

Bob

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Only the Severn & Arrow so far, I'm hoping to tempt SWMBO away from commercials but then I have to teach her to trot a float (easy if I was any good myself :eek:). Still she can always use a feeder:)

sam vimes

Reaction score
I stick to the Swale unless I go for my occasional Trent foray. Fuel is far too expensive to be galavanting further than is really necessary.

beerweasel

Reaction score
I only fish the Cam as I don't travel or fish still waters. in the past I've fished the rivers of Suffolk (Gipping,Stour,Lark etc).
I really should try the Great Ouse as its not that far. :)

Rickrod

Reaction score
The Wharfe, Swale, Severn, and soon the Bristol avon

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Swale, Wharfe, Nidd, Aire, Calder, Don, Trent, Ouse, Gt Ouse, Warks Avon. Possibly the Kennet, Dorset Stour and Hamps. Avon early next year.

Maybe I should just concentrate on one?:eek:

mol

Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky as there are three rivers within 15 minutes from where I live. I'm twice as lucky as all the rivers are very different and the dominant species are different. I do tend to fish two in the main and dabble on the third

Mart Smith

Reaction score
Not enough!!
Living in East London, we're slightly devoid of good rivers. I fish the Roding in the winter (too much weed in summer). I loved fishing the Stour and Avon before I was married.... One day.....

red creel

Reaction score
Up until October its the Kennet, Loddon and Thames but once the cold weather sets in the Lambourn, Itchen, Test and Hants Avon are on my to do list as well.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Swale, Wharfe, Nidd, Aire, Calder, Don, Trent, Ouse, Gt Ouse, Warks Avon. Possibly the Kennet, Dorset Stour and Hamps. Avon early next year.

Maybe I should just concentrate on one?:eek:

If you can afford to spread yourself thin over a number of rivers and a good distance, why not? I suspect that I might be more than tempted if circumstances were different.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
With the exception of the Trent all the first 8 are within 50 miles so it's not as bad as it looks! I tend to switch rivers to find the best conditions, a difficult task this season!