Wendy's adventure in bonnie Scotland

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Wendy girl, that was lovely and I bet you will remember that for the rest of your life. I'll give you this Wendy, you've certainly got guts and I reckon you are going to have a very happy fishing life, I don't think I have ever seen anyone so enthusiastic as you about angling, good on yer babe.

I

Ian Cloke

Nice one Wendy, a good read from a VERY enthusiastic angler:))

R

Rodney Wrestt

Brilliant stuff Wend, all the good stuff along with the Deer Sh1t and fish guts :eek:) Can't wait to watch the show.

I knew you were made of stern stuff....... by the way, I have a pair of earings like those too.... ahem

C

Clive Evans 1

Well done Wendy, cant wait to see it all.
What an adventure!!

W

Wolfman Woody

Well done Wendy, but you've given me a big probolem.

I was going to cancel my Sky, but now I'll have to hang on to watch the entire series. Can't miss this!!!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Wendy.
I'm with Graham all the way on this one. You are a Battler, and you even had a go at the producer. I could just imagine you jumping the last few stairs in your excitement Hahahaaaaaaaa. A brilliant briliant write up, I can't wait to see the actual programme. Like Woody, I was going to cancel my sky subscription, but no way can I do that now. Youv'e got some bottle I can tell you that much.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Awww thanks you lot and if it wasn't for FishingMagic none of it would have happened.

I have so much to thank you lot for you all give me confidence and make me feel like i am an angler!

Wend
x

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Wow!!!

Wendy what a time you had, that was brilliant and you are one brave lady.
That was a nice touch with the boat(Zoe) I bet she is really proud of you.

Well done Wend, can't wait to see it on telly.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
On Wednesday i am off to Glasgow for a press launch and photo shoot and we also get to see a bit of the programme.So i'll let ya know wether to bother watching it! hahahah

If any of you lot live in Scotland then you will see it before me it comes out on 2nd Jan, so if i am really embarrasing let me know and i'll leave the country before it comes on here LOL :)

MarT

Reaction score
Great stuff Wendy, and a lovely experience.
Must have taken some bottle so well done you.
Lovely pics too, specially No. 15..
a rose between two thorns me thinks.

:eek:)

Deanos

Reaction score
I think you are inspirational Wendy.
There are many fellas out there who would not have taken on the challenge!
The scenery...awesome, made me hurt to be out walking the mountains again.
Its about time the male dominated rags had some new input...I think you have a career!

best regards, the man from frey benthos, Deanos.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Brilliant Wendy .....We're all proud of you !!!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Graham i think we are gonna get a copy of it on dvd so if we do you will be the first to get a copy of it!

Cheers crusty Deano :)

Ed...i wanted you all to be proud of me, i think the few times i cried i thought stoppit your acting like a woman and all them off fishingmagic have to watch this !!! lol

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Well done Wendy.

But I am aghast at the gung ho attitude to safety on day 7 though. Some might find it funny but hyperthermia isn't. Safety on water has to take precedence over good TV. If something had happened to you the producer and crew would be facing jail, and there is no excuse for no safety boat and not looking after your comfort and safety.

I may sound uptight about this but I've been on the Frome when 2 have drowned when they thought they were having fun, on a Thames match when someone drowned, nearly lost my life in quick mud, and know several match anglers with white finger (permanent loss of circulation in the finger) due to fishing in extreme cold decades ago.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Wendy girl you've got a lot of bottle. Reading your excelent article 'Fishing School' was more about physical endurance than learning all the skills of game and sea angling, and whats more you seemed to have passed the test.
I had a feeling they would come up up with something less than conventional-probably aimed at setting female against male-you the usual battle of the sexes bit.
Like Mark said the producers cavallier attitude to safety is a bit worrying, or perhaps they hadn't thought how they might explain a dead body in peat bog/loch in the wild and windy Highlands!
Anyway, well done. If David Walliums can get a gong for swimming the channel you've got to be in with chance of Duke of Edinburgh's award at the very least!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
WEll done Wendy. Having met you i can say this girl as much passion for the sport it infectious.

I will have to watch it when it comes out on DVD. I will expect you to sign it though. Could be worth a few bob in a few years.

L

Les Clark

Wendy , you did bloody well mate ,a lot of bottle and stood up for yourself , a chance of a lifetime ,give yourself a big pat on the back !