Just In Case Your Interested!!

Richard Easom

Reaction score
I have updated my Barbel blog with a new page, aptly named "Barbel Baits", which contains all my best mixes for Barbel, which has in my experience worked very, very well. It's all about helping others here and not to create "I know it all attitude", I am not trying to create such an image. Hit the "like" button on my blog if you liked it and leave a comment good or bad to let me know your thoughts. I hope these baits and mixes will help some of you and remember to report back with your findings as I know for a fact these mixes will catch you Barbel. The page has took me around 3 weeks to complete. You can view it here:

http://ricky2912-myquestforbarbel.blogspot.com/p/barbel-baits.html

Last edited:

Richard Easom

Reaction score
The link works, but my anti-malware software warns me that it is 'A potentially malicious website'

Why could this be?

Probably because it's not known by windows but it's pure safe, trust me!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

The link works, but my anti-malware software warns me that it is 'A potentially malicious website'

Why could this be?

Also PM'd you about the articles I have wrote mate.

Reaction score
On the dark green menu bar at the top of the page click CONTACT.

This will drop down and give you a number of options.

One option is Submit a Feature.

However, I suggest you contact the editor (via this drop down) to discuss the best way of submitting your articles - direct email may be better with images sent as attachments etc.

Go for it.

Richard Easom

Reaction score
On the dark green menu bar at the top of the page click CONTACT.

This will drop down and give you a number of options.

One option is Submit a Feature.

However, I suggest you contact the editor (via this drop down) to discuss the best way of submitting your articles - direct email may be better with images sent as attachments etc.

Go for it.

Cheers mate much appreciated.

cg74

Reaction score
Please don't take this wrongly but your baits are hardly innovative are they?

I'd reckon pretty much the same as 99%+ of barbel anglers use?

To make your blog/site standout above the multitude of others, maybe offer a few hints as to ways of gaining an edge with the baits; glugs and dips for boilies and/or paste wrap mixes for pellets etc etc

Richard Easom

Reaction score
Please don't take this wrongly but your baits are hardly innovative are they?

I'd reckon pretty much the same as 99%+ of barbel anglers use?

To make your blog/site standout above the multitude of others, maybe offer a few hints as to ways of gaining an edge with the baits; glugs and dips for boilies and/or paste wrap mixes for pellets etc etc

Thank you mate for your input and it's given me food for thought and is certainly been took on board. Although I can see your point mate, I have never seen any barbel anglers use worms and cheese for example, and certainly not the mixes I have used in conjunction with it, which incidentally is just as important in my opinion.

I can see where your coming from though and I will add a section on dips and glugs and see what reaction I get in the future. I am always looking to improve and good feedback like this is what I am looking for, so thank you.

cg74

Reaction score
No worries Richard, its just the little things that can help, like smearing Marmite around your boilie on a slow day, that readers may not know about and could be a potential edge that gets a bite/fish or two.

Regards worms, bread etc, I've caught barbel on them but on most fisheries unless you're actively stalking fish, in reality all you are asking for is a chub.
So most, myself included, opt for rigs etc to deter chub
I.E hair length; if chub are proving, or are likely to prove troublesome, present your bait 12-15mm off the hook bend, and so on.

Richard Easom

Reaction score
No worries Richard, its just the little things that can help, like smearing Marmite around your boilie on a slow day, that readers may not know about and could be a potential edge that gets a bite/fish or two.

Regards worms, bread etc, I've caught barbel on them but on most fisheries unless you're actively stalking fish, in reality all you are asking for is a chub.
So most, myself included, opt for rigs etc to deter chub
I.E hair length; if chub are proving, or are likely to prove troublesome, present your bait 12-15mm off the hook bend, and so on.

Granted! Although I understand what you say about Chub it can be devastating for barbel on it's day and sometimes the best bait for barbel. Thanks for your feedback though, it's good to receive like this.