Quest For Barbel

johnnyfby

Reaction score
Richard, You obviously think you are the Trent Barbel Master. Whats your catch list so far this seaon......

Richard Easom

Reaction score
Richard, You obviously think you are the Trent Barbel Master. Whats your catch list so far this seaon......

I have only been about 6 times but I have caught every time that I have, averaging 4 to 5 every session in not conducive conditions clear and bright with low water conditions. I haven't even fished the areas for the biggies, not doing that until October and that's where it all starts for me. I don't think anything mate, if people want to do what they already do that's fine. I don't force my stuff on anyone. Nothing is ever determined by the size of fish you catch, if in the areas you fish it doesn't contain many or any at all. I didn't make this thread here it got moved. So I can see how it looks like, it's all about me attitude, lol. But this wasn't intentional.

Richard Easom

Reaction score
At last I have just finished my "Where To Fish For Barbel On The Trent" page on my blog. I will adding more venues to this in due course but for now I just wanted to get this out there. I move on now to "Watercraft", "Features" which will include illustration photographs and instructional dialogue and pictures also of a new method incorporating the use of a rubby dubby within barbel fishing, so looking forward to this in particular. I am also doing a review section of baits or anything I else I buy. For now here is the where to fish guide:

My Quest For Barbel: Where To Fish For Barbel On The Trent

Thank you.

Ricky

Richard Easom

Reaction score
Thanks Richard that has the makings of a really useful guide!

Hope you don't upset too many people!

Thanks mate really appreciate your comments. Unfortunately I will upset someone, I can't make everyone happy mate. I have, since starting my blog developed a thick skin for the 'haters'. Thanks again.

Richard

Richard Easom

Reaction score
I was out yesterday but the river was very low and clear and despite rain of recent days it wasn't up to a level that I thought it would be, still very low. Anyway I managed to winkle a barbel out and was pleased considering everyone else blanked on the stretch.

Full report on my blog now!!! Caught using my new invention "Rubby Dubby" boilies that are being field tested soon by people on various forums to claify my feelings that this used in conjunction with the "Rubby Dubby" mix will be a killer method for barbel in years to come especially in the Summer. Hopefully I intend to put this forward with a feature in IYCF in the Summer so more people use it (fingers crossed). Yesterday however I used a sponge in a blockend feeder soaked in salmon oil that didn't work that well due to the water being cold so PVA bags with salmon oil and pellets placed inside look the way to go and will be testing/using this on my next outing on Friday.

This was the first time using the boilies whilst fishing after only 2 days testing them, the signs look very good.

The scales read 10Lbs 2oz (?) although it looked and felt bigger I honestly think my scales are off.