Eating fish

• Thread starter little sister ( Jeff )
  • Start date
L

little sister ( Jeff )

This is the question being asking under the title of fish retaining.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

I am amazed that nobody else has seen or answered this thread.
John Ledger is worrying about the North South dived and someone is coming onto FM asking how many fish his Polish friend can RETAIN, the Polish for retain is EAT.
I will call a spade a spade.
I have nothing against Polish workers, I have worked with them and they are good hard workers,but this is not Poland and we fish for pleasure.

NOT THE POT

E

EC

Jeff, maybe no one has answered this thread because the debate, if there is one, is already on another thread, AND, the lad is asking a simple question, which some have pretty much answered!

But just to get things moving I'll ask 5 things ...

1. What has the north south divide got to do with someone asking about how many fish his polish mate can keep?

2. I am English how many fish am I allowed to eat?

3. Have you ever eaten Zander? (Loads here have, and say they are dead nice).

4. Would you say chicken is 'wrong' in pasties?

5. Would you rather have a trunk than 3 eyes?

L

little sister ( Jeff )

EC

1. I think the North South divide is nothing compared to the damage being done to our rivers by illegal fishing and like it or not the Polish like to eat fish.

2.It should not matter if you are English or not, check your license.

3. No I have not eaten zander but I have been told that they are good to eat.

4.No I prefer it in a bun.

5.If three eye's make me see what is happening around me then I will take them.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

There is ONE other question .........

Salt and vinegar or Cheese and Onion ???

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Now there's a tough question, I'll have to sleep on it.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
that zander I saw in the angling press looked delicious once filleted .never thought about eating coarse fish before I saw that.Too grill or fry that is the question.

L

Laurie Harper

Pike is good - had some in Germany. Never tried zander, but hear it's tasty. Not sure about cyprinids - they apparently taste predominantly of mud (which is why a lot of Polish recipes are heavy on the paprika - to disguise the flavour). Seem logical really. Virtually all the fish which are good to eat are predatory. Given the old saying, "You are what you eat", I suppose we should add, "and taste of it".

I was fishing the Grand Union a few months back with some pals in a club match. A couple of blokes of obviously Eastern European origin came along. "Any carps?", one asked. My mate said, "Yeah, mate. I've had nine", which of course he hadn't. Our new friends eyes gleamed and they produced Argos telescopic rods and proceded to tackle up. They were quite disappointed when we told them to go away...

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Zander are delicious and so are perch. I've tried carp in Bulgaria and although prepared with herbs and paprika I didn't like it.
Grilled Perch are quite a popular dish in Milan.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
The answer is none from my club waters!
I have just sourced and had made new signs carrying the following message in Polish. Suggest others use it and get signs made for their waters.
PRYWATNY-NIE RYBOLOSTWO(private no fishing)
NIE BIORACY RYBA. (no taking fish)

Tony Firth

Reaction score
did you no that true christians (SUM POLISH) only eat fish on a friday,and not meat.just say 1 million polish,half christians,thats a lot of fish.the people i work with dont understand fishing laws.so start putting up more signs. burger king rule.

F

Frothey

what about all the other immigrants? would any of you know a pole from a croat? or a hungarian? they're all taking fish......

theres a group down our way that catch pike and carp on one side of the lock gates, and mullet on the other - both spots free to fish. explain that one to them.......

F

Frothey

monk - you've got to be careful. up to the age of 27 they look like this but overnight they turn into this

something to do with all the cabbage i think....