Electronic Fish Finders

Chris

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thinking of buying an electronic fish finder, im predominantly a carp fisherman, do you think it wou;d be worthwhile for finding where the fish are and also feature finding? All opinions welcome.
Chris

Trisantona

Reaction score
Good for feature finding,finding shoals of fish on river,not so good in shallow murky water (carp puddles).

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have had a fair amount of experience with sonar devices and fish finders. They are best used from a boat.

They are almost essential if you want to make good catches of largemouth or small mouth bass which are structure orientated fish.

I have used both Lowrence and Humminbird equipment.

matt

Reaction score
On large windswept venues when using a boat they are a definate advantage.
Otherwise a marker should be ok.

David Craine

Reaction score
Boat mounted transducer...yes...for finding features etc...
One of the hand held objects from the bank.. a definte no no... IMO they are just gimmicks to get your money.. I have seen them supposedly working,and they dont.

T

The Monk

yes they are invaluable from a boat, I swear by them on the big French venues, essential items, even on my local Lancashire reservours I`ve scanned the lakes and watched plenty of anglers sat miles away from fish while the fish have all been stacked up in one area.

P

paul williams 2

I...well a pal actually ( then i get to use it! well he did drop my electric outboard in the Severn) is looking for one if anyone has one to sell.