Hello from Glossop, Derbyshire

akacrush

Reaction score
Morning all

New to this forum and thought I would say hi.

I'm a general course angler with a soft spot for Tench, Carp, Perch and Pike - obviously I only ever catch lots of Perch and most of them are tiny (and not what I was going for) :)

Live just outside of Glossop in the Peak District and happy to buddy up if someone is looking for company on a day out (assuming I can slip past the wife).

Enjoy

Steve

beerweasel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Steve, :w Yes those little Perch are annoying but at least we are not blanking. :D

akacrush

Reaction score
Thanks gents for the warm welcome - nice to know I'm not the only one slacking off at work :D

Dam Flask? eeee not been there in decades! How was it (on my list of possible pike venues for the winter)??

Reaction score
Plenty of pike around - esp as it got towards late afternoon.

Attract the silver fish (and those little perch you like) and the pike will soon appear.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Are there any other type ?
Ron (traversial) Clay had one 3lbs 2ozs just a week or so ago. So they do get bigger.

Used to fish a little lodge pool up there by Dinting railway bridge back in the very early 70s, could never quite reach the carp in the middle with floating crust, no controller floats in those days. :( Ever get up Combs Reservoir? OR Tintwistle Bottoms Reservoir?

And a big welcome from me!!!

bigsean

Reaction score
hi steve and welcome .... dont knock the perch mate, if u fish commercials they're a rare thing lol

akacrush

Reaction score
Ron (traversial) Clay had one 3lbs 2ozs just a week or so ago. So they do get bigger.

Used to fish a little lodge pool up there by Dinting railway bridge back in the very early 70s, could never quite reach the carp in the middle with floating crust, no controller floats in those days. :( Ever get up Combs Reservoir? OR Tintwistle Bottoms Reservoir?

And a big welcome from me!!!

Hi Jeff

Yep, know the pond you mean still see the odd person on there. Just down the hill are the three lodges that are run by Glossop Anglers (my local club) - carp to almost 30, perch to 4 and tench to about 5. Cracking waters!

have a trip to Combs lined up in a couple of weeks and was thinking about Bottoms for Sunday although it is looking rather low at the moment.

Cheers

Steve