If fishing was banned outright tomorrow...

E

EC

Assuming that the fine or punishment was a slap on the wrist type and not jail, beheading or similar.

I'd still go, any excuse to get the balaclava on!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Not likely to happen.

If the majority of the Labour Party, a few Tories and the whole of the Lib Dems had their way, angling, especially coarse angling where you return the fish to the water, would be banned.

However the Labour party particularly know full well that they would lose votes, and the Tory party would quash such a ban once they regained power.

E

EC

I know its not likely Roland lad, but would you go fishing if it was?

Does fishing mean that much to you that you would break the law?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Of course I would mate.

All of us with the guts would have a national fish-in day.

I'd love to see how the police would deal with that. Not that they would want to of course as they, in many circumstances would have to arrest themselves.

I know of a lot of members of the police force who fish. Including our Mark.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Ditto I wouldn't give it up for anything or anyone!!!! I still have soooooo much to learn and soooo many species to catch

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I would happily go to prison for constantly breaking the law. My rights might have been infringed by someone trying to stop me fishing in a so called free society.
If the entire hunting community started to hunt rabbits with dogs again the judicial system could not cope nor could the Police in rural areas.
Only laws that are respected by the majority can survive in a civilised society. Anyone remember the Poll Tax?

T

trev matthews

Yeah id still go, but id wear a hoodie and swear at the baliff and damage the bank and stuff like that and the police wouldnt do a thing about it lol

T

trev matthews

ok perhaps that was a tad unfair i really should change that to couldnt instead of wouldnt. Even their hands are tied by the politicians. mmm police uniform tied up hands ooeerrr

stikflote

Reaction score
yes i would still go, cos if were banned i wouldnt be able to sell my tackle lol

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

It would be an unpolicable law Eddie, bit like alcohol free zones in towns and cities. Every now and then they?d nick a few just let the politicos think they were doing something. When really they?d better things to do. Nicking motorists far easier targets, having a snooze in the car, sucking up to the local politicians and their party members (Labour near me) and having tea and cake round at their houses for several hours at a time.

Would I go even if it carried a prison sentence? Your dammed right I would, as we?ve more chance of catching Aids than them catching us fishing.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Learn to speak Polish.

Then they wouldn't bother you.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Oh! yes most serpently. It would be interesting wouldn't it if you arranged a fish-in on the canal in the middle of town (does anywhere other than B'ham have canals in the middle of town?) and invited the local MP's to join you as well(who notified the press?).

Hypothetical question I know but could you imagine the uproar if some MP or party proposed such a move, he or she would need police protection I'm thinking.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Liverpool has the Leeds/Liverpool canal too