New Year (FISHINGmagic) Predictions:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Right then that's Christmas out of the way for another year. Now it's time for some New Year Predictions.

Here's my five FISHINGmagic related predictions for 2007:

1. Marsden's Aces will storm to victory against the Chavs at Gold Valley.

2. Deanos will escape from "The Garage" and celebrate by writing 2007's most hilarious article recalling his time "locked away from the real world".

3. The 2nd Annual Species Race will be a stunner. Mark W. will blank for the entire duration (only because he will be chained to a lampost somewhere in Dorset).

4. "Barbel" threads longer than 100 posts will be deleted.

5. FISHINGmagic.com will go from strength to strength and continue to be the leader of the pack.

Happy and prosperous New Year everyone (including Barbel anglers - of which I'm one).

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

According to the experts, all the fish in the Ribble will be eaten by a seal.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Neil will learn to fish off Poole Quay rather than getting on a boat off Poole Quay to fish 'off' Poole! Deanos will win it next year just to get a very expensive barbel rod like the one what I won.

Deanos

Reaction score
Old mother Deanos (the fat Yorkshire Crone) has stirred the contents of her outside bubbling cesspit to reveal the future of angling in 2007?.BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to his abilities as a global peace maker, Coffe Anan shall be voted in as the head of the Barbel Society.

**** Walker shall be cloned. In his first interview for angling times he shall shock the angling world by saying that he only ever went fishing cos the waiting list at his local golf club was very long, now he was ?next man in? after 30 years, you could ?stick this bloody angling lark? he added ?I really like those multy coloured sweaters, and the Hitler style trousers that golfers wear??anyone wanna buy some tackle?

Oil shall be discovered under Dave?s mams garage!!!! I shall share in this financial bonanza, Granville Marrsdin, unable to resist the enormous salary I offer the ?pope of greediness? shall be sent out each morning to collect fresh cowpats with a child?s plastic shovel attached to his head with a 3? peace of wire?pooooooooh!

Roland ?the fig? Clay shall be found to have royal blood pumping through his veins.
He shall be crowned ?Chief they do Ron Ron..Big da da of the Zulu nation of South Africa and stuff?
Unfortunately, on finding out that he has (as part of his contract) to service ten of his wives every night, Roland is quoted as saying ?I couldn?t even service a bloody lawn moor these days with my back?.the deal is off?.

And coming in at number five?.
After many years as a ?snatcher supreme?, chancellor Gordon ?the hit man? Brown, on his succession to the labour throne, passes over the ultimate snatching job to the one and only Baz, ?hock??a dooont think that there is much leffft in the average persons pocket after I have finished with them? exclaimed Gordon?but if anyone can get there hands on it ah knowwww Baz can!?.

Thank you.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Deanos, I reckon if Les Dawson were alive today you'd be his No. 1 scriptwriter. Classic stuff mate.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Huh!!!

1.NO CHANCE!!!
LARGE can of whoopasss being openened by the chavs!
2.Possibly?
3.Hopefully!
4.Don't think so!
5.No doubt at all :)

F

Frothey

graha, finally relents and gets deanos a job designing really expensive barbel rods..... for badger

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Here we go,

1. A 'massive' innovation by FM.
2. A very acrimonious thread, (that won't be deleted,....because of it's content), but will have long term repercussions.
3. ALL members will be asked to contribute monies to a fish conservation 'fighting fund'.
4. A 'new' articles contributor, will burst on the scene, possibly an older member.
5. Eddie C will start a new 'crisps' thread.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Just 2 predictions:

1)Roland falls and bangs his head and consequently suffers from amnesia - he forgets all about South Africa, Richard Walker and filters

2)Roland overdoses on figs and is last seen vanishing around the s-bend of the toilet

Deanos

Reaction score
?graha, finally relents and gets deanos a job designing really expensive barbel rods..... for badger?

Oh come on Frothey!
When did you last see a badger fishing??.I am not daft you know!

Just to prove that Roland Claymore is not the only bloke who knows a ?bit about things??I will tell you a ?bit about things? myself?.

Badgers where originally flightless tree dwelling creatures (Yorkshire scientists agree on this point), they slept upside down like bats, and ate chimpanzees!
Look out of your window?.do you see a chimpanzee in the tree in your garden?
NO!?the badgers ate them all, then they flew down and started living on the ground eating worms. They only have little hands, and could not hold a fishing rod above 3ft in length, thus inhibiting there ability to cast or control a stick float at distance.

Thank you.

Deanos

Reaction score
Badger badger badger badger badger...
Mushroom mushroom muushroom...
Snakeeeeeeeeee!

This is how entertainment should be.

Well done Woody!

Badger badger badger badger....
Mushroom mushroom mushroom
Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Think I am getting the hang of the words!

Should keep me from getting bored for the rest of the day!

F

Frothey

When did you last see a badger fishing??.I am not daft you know!

They only have little hands, and could not hold a fishing rod above 3ft in length, thus inhibiting there ability to cast or control a stick float at distance.

Exactly why they need someone to design one for them. Tell you what though, dont get on the wrong side of a badger - evil b'stards.....who do you think the muscle behind the mice is?

Deanos

Reaction score
I would like to see one fight Johnny Ledger!

He is a HOT DUDE at the moment!
I would suggest UFC rules, with both combatants turning up to fight stripped to the waist and ready to rumble!
My money is on Johnny Ledger, I would expect him to "bend the rules" by perhaps having a friend hold up a picture of an attractive female badger at a crucial moment in the contest, then closing the distance to execute a very effective choke on his surprised opponent!
He may even slightly drop his shorts to reveal his own ?badger? (much loved and exposed by portly construction workers), this could be a risky tactic resulting in a very embarrassing public spectacle should he be unable to get the over romantic badger off his back

F

Frothey

Badgers dont fight fair though...and i thought they were striped on their backs?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Deanos --

If what you said, happened It would be a Ledger with a badger on his todger

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Moerator moderator where ought thou,talking about my poor old todger with half inch of bend in the middle.
It causes a lot of bother a dodgy todger