sat nav waters???

S

solar

hi guys,i know this isnt really fishy related but has anyone out there got a garmin 300(sat nav )? and if so how do u search 4 new waters to fish? have tried lakes,ponds,fisheries ect.
also tackle shops and speed camers.
many thank an hav a cracking new year...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

you need to put a post code in dont you ??

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Put the name of the Town and county in it. Then ask where the lake is when you get there. I did it today.

C

Cakey

then sit down and put all lakes and rivers in and help us lot out !

S

Spoddy Dave

Not sure with the Garmin,but imagine its much the same with the tomtom.
Just put in as Baz said,the county and town,then browse the map and with a little patience you can find the place,and even put a favourite marker right on the gates of the place.
I did it yesterday looking for linear fisheries the postcode(OX297QE}they give you only takes you to Hardwick village.
Saves you loads of time when you get there.

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Solar, as I said on a different thread, you can borrow my "Twat nav" any time you want but be warned she moans a bit!

Deanos

Reaction score
I think they should invent sat nav for drunks!
My best mate Dave went Christmas shopping to York, a twenty minute ride from his house?nice day out, couple of beers?not driving?no problem?asleep on the train going home, helpful passenger woke him up on arrival. Only problem was he ended up in Edinburgh!?and he doesn?t speak even speak Scottish!
His mam brayed him for being daft when he got home the next day?47 years old and brayed by yer mam,? I don?t work my fingers to the bone delivering coal all day to come home to all this worry!?out could have happened?you could have been bloody kidnapped and got at by a ?funny fella?.
If he had sat or twat?this would never have happened!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I've got a garmin nuvi 310 which is a great bit of kit and fits in your pocket unlike the TomTom. You can download the Points of Interest (POI's) from the website Cakey put a link to for both Garmin and TomTom. I've used it to download speed cams for my Garmin.

If there was POI for fisheries it would be great but there isn't yet.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You can put in the longitude and latitude as a destination. A Silva compass would be very helpfull for measuring it out off an O.S. map.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
If there stored on amemory card they are in a folder usually called POI just copy the contents. Some let you export them. It should be in your manual

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Hi Cakey. It works on my Sat Nav Tom Tom running on a Palm PDA.

You have to copy the 2 items onto your sat nav. On mine they went into a folder containing the map. I did this by putting my SD card into my computer and drag and dropping them.

Hope this helps.