Best value bait flavourings..

E

EC

My old Bob Frost flavours (tutti, pineapple etc) have now run dry after about 20 years.

Am now looking for replacments for generally pi55ing about with, flavouring maggots, pellets, the odd paste or boilie etc.

Don't necessarily want 'top brands' unless they are good value (not 25 litres mind) and I dont mind buying off ebay!

Go!

S

Spoddy Dave

thought ide had too many vodca's then.

but thats never going to happen.

S

Spoddy Dave

Van den eynde minging fish works well,an oily fishy stinky flavour.

Phil Per 2

Reaction score
My pit bulls piss,lasts for hours even in water.
Available from Crufft Baits P.L.C. attracts all fish ,seals and otters,thinking of selling it to all bailiffs throughout the U.K.

what are my chances????

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Got some staffie bitch 'pani' thats got to work as well! It's the pheramones!

S

Sean Meeghan

For a savoury flavour try the Source. Its not excessively expensive (about ?7) and a couple of bottles last me a season. For flavouring maggots (dead ones usually) I use the Van den Eynde liquids - cheap as chips. The only other flavour I use is Nash Cheesey Chops for flavouring mash and bread paste a bottle of this lasts for a season and it costs about a fiver.

One other thing to try for pellets and groundbait is molasses. Buy it from a horse feed supplier at about a fiver for 5 litres.

E

EC

Cheers Sean, do you know any mail order suppliers who wont take the pi55 on postage mate?

D

Seriously EC, have a look at the 'Tackle box' catalog, you'll be surprised at the range, I got a certain flavour from them that I was told had been discontinued about 11 years ago. Also one of my mates still uses food flavourings and colourings from supermarkets for all of his fishing and catches very well! As for the molasses, I get mine for about the same price and it lasts for ages.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Molasses are best bought in bulk from "Countrywide stores" as for the flavours it depends on what flavours you use Eddy, do you use a lot of different flavours or just a few select ones?

I can get away with Pineapple flavour for nearly all my fishing, maggots, bread etc I rate it as the best of the lot and though I have a couple of dozen various flavours I rarely use them.

Halibut oil is the only thing I use for soaking my pellets and I don't always do that.

E

EC

I have molasses and various oils, all I want is a variety of decent concentrated flavours from a stockist who won't take the pi55 on postage costs!

W

Wolfman Woody

What are you lookign for, Cheese & Onion? Salt & Vinegar?

I have a very nice smokey bacon one!

E

EC

Nooo, cheese yes, pineapple yes, a meaty/sausage type, and maybe another sweet fruit and also a hot chilli type.

Mainline gear looks good value but everywhere I look takes the pi55 with postage!

W

will spencer

get a bottle of vegetable oil,pour about a quarter of a bottle into a pan break up an oxo cube into the oil,add some fish paste and heat gently so it comes together-don't boil or burn it..try that with almost every hook bait you use.
or
www.rdcampbell.co.uk
can't do the link thing,you could phone 0208 898 6622.
really nice guys

D

EC, I've just tried to do one of those 'clicky' things and it didn't work. Leave it with me I'll have another go! (what a twat eh).

D

EC, Try this mate, don't forget if you need to 'phone them you might even end up talking to Lee Jackson! (He'll help you out on any bait/flavouring questions)
By the way I think the catalog is much better than the web site.

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/

E

EC

Dal, looks like they have everything I could want mate, cheers for that!

E

EC

Just put an order in, only 2 quid postage as well, can't complain at that!