BADGER CLASSICS

E

Evan Hartshorne

THIS IS A WARNING TO ANYONE ORDERING FROM BADGER DIRECT DON'T BOTHER THEY HAVE THE WORST ATTITUDE TO CUSTOMERS I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS

A

Alan Roe

From the sound of your post you have a story to tell. It might be a good idea for you to tell it then we can all understand you ire.

E

Evan Hartshorne

after several unsuccesful phone calls to badger about their products ie warranty's,and if any of the new multiplier reels were available in left hand wind i was less than impressed by the attitude of the people i spoke to (never did get any answers any way)So i thought i would send them an e mail instead only to receive the reply of try ringing us or in most cases no reply at all.this lead me to order through their web site which i did on monday(10/12/01)i orderd a chair,chair bag and rod bands their standard delivery is 3 working day,s .It is now friday no sign of anything so i called badger for them to tell me i would receive my delivery next week .Which i told them was unacceptable and why would my delivery be late any way to which i was told they didn,t have the chair bag in stock .I then asked the question of why didn't anyone call or e mail me if this item was out of stock.They said someone i tried to call but received no reply which i find very odd as i have been ill all week. any way most of this boils down tothe fact that every person i have spoken to has had lees than pleasnt attitude perhaps they should take some leefs out of harris anglings book who's services is superb.P.S i also cancelled my order only to find out from my creditcard company that badger have already got my MONEY

R

Rodney Wrestt

Dave, Dave, look big fat blue text without </A> at the end.

T

Terry Mann

Ref Badger International,
I was going to start a thread on this yesterday having looked at their adverts where their goods seem very good value for money,eg rod pods and bedchairs half the price of Fox for example. It seems that one person has had a bad time with them,can anybody else comment on their products and service? I have heard Des Taylor is now working for them although I have,nt seen it in print yet.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Evan there was a thread on this very subject a while ago <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=4&UTN=2038&last=1&SP=&V=1>look here<a/>

K

keith reid

I bought the "deluxe" carryall for about ?30 and it didn't last 1 trip before 2 zips broke I got my money back from the shop luckily.

B

Birds Nest

I think they have a couple of problems... The 1st is the quality of the goods they are buying in... I hear their stainless in good value, but the luggage aint...

And secondly their levels of Customer service seem to be lacking....

R

Rob Brownfield

careful guys, they could take u to court for slander u know...eeek!

The problem of cheques being cashed or credit cards being debited even though the item is not in stock is an age old one...and with the advent of e-commerce, its worse. I am in this situation with a very well known lure website. 3 weeks and nothing yet, even though whe site still shows the items as being available.

Badger is undoubtably cheap and cheerful. I would not pay my money for the gear they are selling (Seen the stuff in Brundall) and I think u get what u pay for.

As for customer service..can't comment on Badger, but it seems to be the norm these days to phone up the mail order companies to be told "Not out fault"! Having said that, I ordered a blank from Hardys the other day...the guy bent over backwards to help...well done Hardys!!

J

John Howard

I purchased one of their chairs I cannot fault it great value for money. One of the feet split so I rang them asking for a replacement foot 3 days later a new leg and foot came. john

M

Mike Fidler

Interesting...problems with Badger...? Now where have i seen an angry thread about them before?