END OF YEAR REVIEW...............

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Its that time of year again when i look back and reflect at all my angling adventures.

it all started so well did some late season barbel fishing with moderate sucess (caught one small barbel 6lb in three trips) had a few exploratry winter trips to new areas before the seasons end (a propper return trip is called for in 2007) put in a apperance at a Fishing magic annual fly fishing fish in (god i was cr*p whipping the water too a froth [lost all sense of co-ordination] but had a laugh) treated myself to some new tackle (a new barbel rod and float rod another aventa pro centrepin and two new bait runners) and made a trip out to the Madras waters but in the closed season so no fishing but did get to inspect the luxurious anglers lodge and the great swims which i hope to be fishing in the new year sometime soon while it was the closed season i was gearing up for the annual TF CLUB glebe match but unfortunately my uncle died a couple of days before the event so i had to give it a mis this year i managed to sqeeze in the northern intersite match fishing for MD's great day but not many fish caught but most of the rest of the season throughout the summer and Autumn was't going too well due to life getting in the road of fishing with four more funerals perliferary family members cousins and someone i'd never met mostley plus my ex-step dad in december whom i didn't like but went for support for my brother & sister really,i did get to do a weekeder fish-in on the trent as a guest of a local disabled anglers club in the summer and again in the Autumn which was fantastic plus a couple of barbel days with other DRAC members but i did miss nigaels chritmass special I did manage a special day's fishing with some of the best (TF members) at timsbury manor grayling fishing and caught some really good fish on my centrepin trotting,its not been a classic year for angling and its been tinged with sadness at the passing of some really nice guys of TF and AN forums one of whom i'd only met briefly the other i never met at all but did enjoy many conversations with both of them.I ended this year with a grayling trip to the dove (scouting a location for a possible future TF grayling trip) caught plenty of grayling and brown trout trotting with my x-mass pressie to myself of a mk1 507 the fish might not as been as big as The Test fish but plenty of fun all the same,i may of forggotten a thing or two in this round up but like i said not a classic year but it has left me wanting more from the comming year.

have a happy new year everyone.

Andyw

Reaction score
Well, I've had my 1 and only tench from the GU Canal... approx 5-6lb.. Excellent definately the highlight of my fishing year!!!

Hope 2007 brings me as much pleasure as that 1 fish!!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I hope someone bought Chavender a copy of 'Eats, shoots and leaves' for Christmas because otherwise he's going to get into the Guiness Book of records for the longest sentence without punctuation!

Happy New Year, and to Andyw - what a cracking fish!

J

John McLaren

Highlight of 2006 for me was a new pb Barbel - I broke the 10lb barrier at last during a week on the Wye. At 10.2 it wasn't as big as some but it leaves me room to go better in 2007

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
highlight for me was fishing the ribble,also a nice chunky chub from muscliffe on the stour.happy new year to all.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
oh sugar I should add my second son being born if she knew id left that out im in the doghouse.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
My highlight of the Year fishing wise has to be... catching a pike, i've always been so frightened of them and i did it with the help of Paul Williams!!!!

Another highlight was being chosen to do the fishing programme!!

captain carrott

Reaction score
yeash you need to get out more girl if the highlight of your year is fishng with brummie

P

paul williams 2

I'm very very attententive to my angling partners carrot!

BTW.....are you a Lanky, Yorkie, or one of Wols tribe?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
He's a manc paul.... And carrot it was catching the pike WITH paul that was my highlight!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Andy,

Any tench over 5lbs from a canal is a belter make no mistake. It's equal or even better than a double from a gravel pit or waters like Sywell.

During the 60s I used to dream of 5lb tench from anywhere, never mind catching one from a canal.

One of the first decent fish I caught after I returned to the UK in ' 94 was a 5lb 4oz tench from the Grand Union near Warwick. I was dead chuffed I can tell you.

Oh and by the way, after reading through half your post Chavender, I became cross- eyed.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
"Oh and by the way, after reading through half your post Chavender, I became cross- eyed"

You'll just have to hope that the wind does'nt change direction then :eek:]

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

no blow by blow jobs on here --if you don't mind !!!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Andy, I reckon I know where you got that fish ;)

Learning to catch pike has been great for me, also catching my first two barbel. Although I'm still waiting for the next.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
My 2006 fishing year was pretty good to me.

Had my first ever 20lb+ Carp (on the pole!) and found a few nice Dace on my local river.

Highlight was probably the FM Grayling Day in November. Much anticpated and didn't disappoint. Caught plenty of Grayling, my first for over 20 years, and met some great guys and anglers. It was an excellent day out.

Another highlight was getting my ailing Uncle out and thrashing him on his own river!

2007 promises much!