Sleeping well in a Bivvy

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Last year after my Heart Operation, the Mrs. got me a Nash Indulgence Bed Chair.

All I can say is Fantastic, having had an Old Fox Supa for 20 year, the difference this has made to my Night fishing is unbelievable.

I'm sure there are other makes that are as good, but speak as you find the Indulgence is great.

Only trouble now is, when that Buzzers goes off I don't want to get out of the Bedchair :)

Bob

chav professor

Reaction score
C'mon Bob, we all know you should be sleeping on a bed chair made of nails and a pilow constructed from thorn bush so as to leap at every bleep of the optonics!!!

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
what's wrong with having a manservant alert by the rods to play he fish and another to gently wake you for the tophy shot - you lot - no class

Paul,

You have to do some things for yourself, your be telling me next that you fall asleep in the Bivvy ?

Bob

cg74

Reaction score
I just returned from a 48hour sessions where i managed both simultaneously aswell. My Indulgence Airlite Sleep System helps :D

Nice bit of multitasking there. When I go, I have a JRC Stealth Excel, very comfortable too.

Funnily enough despite putting thousands of hours in doing overnighters, in the last 20 years, until 3 years ago I never owned a bedchair or bivvy.
Just a 50" brolly +wrap and an older version of this: NEW JRC JUMBO COCOON RECLINER CHAIR FOR CARP FISHING | eBay
Oh and a bucket to rest my feet on.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I could fall asleep on the edge of a razor blade and no bite alarm manufactured so far would wake me, unless they come up with one that has elecrodes that could be attached to my balls.

The Pirate.

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
All I need to go with the Bedchair is a good -5 Sleeping Bag for the winter.

Any recommendations ?

Bob

Simon K

Reaction score
It's a funny thing, but since using a mozzi-net cover on the Oval, all other discomforts have faded away!

I think it could be the best bit of kit I've ever bought. :)

gentle

Reaction score
For those on a bit more of a budget. Try the theseus carp ultimate bedchair. £100 of the finest english pounds for a good nights sleep. Also ...hot water bottles are very underated but do a fantastic job when the temperature is dropping. Also there is a seller on ebay doing bivvy heaters with 8 cans of juice for 22£.

I fish all year round in all weathers. succesfully? perhpas not but im going anyway :)