Digital Camera

D

David Will

Can anyone recommend a digital camera please. It would need remote self timer, a zoom facility for boat fishing and an idiot proof method of downloading. Thanks in advance.

R

Richard Drayson

Hello David,
I got myself a secondhand Fuji MX2700 complete with accessories about 3 months ago. Cost ?150 and a real bargain.
The images are stored on a `smartMedia` card and I have a floppy disc adapter which I download from. If you have a fairly new PC you should be able to download straight from the camera.
I think you'll find that most decent cameras feature a self-timer and zoom facility.
If you can afford it, get one with an optical zoom as opposed to a digital zoom (better quality images).

L

Les middy

david i got myself one a week ago from
poundstretcher shop ?29.99 great for fishing shots easy to download as well
takes good pictures

hope it helps

les

D

David Will

Richard and Les many thanks , with the ground iron hard through frost I will have a shop tommorrow.

P

Peter Morton

David
,i have recently purchased a Kodak DX3500 digital camera at a cost of ?300 ,it comes complete with a docking port for a PC,and its own software for basic editing,e-mailing etc.It has 8 megs of memory built in which you can add to with a flash card,a resolution of 2.2mega pixels.I have to say that i have been very pleased with the results so far.Might be worth your while having a look at one.
Peter.

C

Carp Angler

Myself and several other FM members have the Fuji Finepix 4700Z which can be seen
here
for ?378.
4.3 million pixels, easy to download (copy and paste in explorer) 10x zoom and movie capable.
All in all great bit of kit.

W

Wendy Perry

Mmmmmmmm whats that about more kit yeah thats what i can have for xmas a digital camera !!! ;)

R

Roy Henwood

Like all cameras, you get what you pay for. You don't say what your budget is, but I can back Carp Angler on the Fuji finepix. I have the 4900Z and it is superb, though the self portrait is not remote. You have to presh the button then scoot round and pick up your fish.It's not as bad as it sounds. Mount on a thick bank stick with an adaptor to save carrying a tripod and pre-focus on your mat. Dowload via USB, floppy adaptor or,if your printer has the appropriate card slots (as HP Photosmart) direct from the printer. Save to your hard disc or CD those that you want to keep. floppies are generally too small unless you are using a very low resolution. Don't rush your purchase. Look and think.

A

Austin Buchan

I got the olympus camedia C-1 recently,
its loaded with features and has usb ports
etc, also has converter for viewing your
pics on a tv screen, plus zoom and its own
software for editing your pics. Also think about the resolution you'll use for your pics as this depends on how many pics you can actually take and store prior to downloading, Appx price is the ?300 mark but its worth it.

T

Terry Mann

Hey people are starting to talk a different lanquage now for a techniphobe like me,sorry but what do you mean by usb ports and the resolution you'll use?

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Carp Angler took the pictures of our roach at Sway earlier in the year on his Fuji Finepix 4700 and I went straight out and bought one. Excellent camera and in the mid range price. The important feature on any camera is making sure it has reasonable optical zoom, not just digital zoom which affects the resolution of your pictures.

S

Stewart Moss

This thread is good timing for me as I am about to purchase a digital camera.
However, as I am on a tight budget I am looking at the bottom end of the market, eg just over ?100, and need to consider a make/model carefully.

I am quite taken with the Hewlett Packard C215 (1.3 million megapixels) which is available for that price.
Anyone got one for fishing & can comment on its suitability?

R

Rodney Wrestt

QVC the shopping channel on sky tv are doing a Fuji Finepix as their todays special value for ?199.95 & ?5 p&p.

2.5x zoo, 8mb card comes with it and they are throwing in an extra 16mb card as well. They are also throwing in 4 NiMH bateries and a charger.USB cable and archive and manipulation software and a case.

Don't know how many are left but they were selling very quickly.

Terry,
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus, it is a socket which allows the transfer of data to and from external equipment (like Digital video or still cameras, MP3 players, scanners and printers)to and from the computer at a very fast rate, the only thing is that computers have to be running Windows 95 or later because before that and the systems can't recognise the ports. In newer Pc's they are fairly standard and you can also buy a card with some on which can be fitted into one of the expansion slots at the back of the Pc.

Hope this helps.

R

Rodney Wrestt

"2.5x zoo" sorry should be 2.5x zoom
They say the kit would cost ?300 from the high street.

D

Dave O'L

I don't have one but am thinking come new year. This is picked up by PC Pro & reccomended best budget??? camera
<a href=http://www.pcpro.co.uk/locker/front_flash.php>say cheese</a>
(crossing my fingers)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Dave, which camera should I be looking at in the A list?

C

Cakey

i brought a bit of kit which downloads my pics 40x faster than using the camera,you take the card out of the camera plug it into provided slot seconds later piccys .
even thickys like me can use it.
mine cost ?30 from jessops.
you can see it athttp://www.justrams.co.uk/
under readers.

merry xmas
CAKEY

D

Dave O'L

Toshiba PDR-M61. I know nothing about this camera it just is PC Pro reviews although a bit techno-nerdy appear helpful.
Sorry mate I couldn't make it come up a the address appears to be the same for each page.
No doubt at this moment CA will be moitoring events & will come in with a triumphant flashy widyamacallit!

Hows the caption competition going? Big G has gone out of his way so there can be no phallic references - we'll all be struggling?????? :)